PDA

View Full Version : Tired with Japanese MMCS system? Better not till you read this

ersanalamin
25-11-2015, 03:21 AM
Hi, come accross to this site lately

http://unik6.blogspot.co.id/2015/05/frekuensi-tv.html

The guy in Melbourne, OZ done a great job on stock factory Soarer Japanese AV. The modification he did include FM and TV conversion, language conversion, adding AV input on stock soarer AV. and maybe he can do the GPS map conversion.

I love to preserve the stock old skool my FL MMCS, it give a look a high tech feature into an old car. if it work perfectly in my country and it wil be plus plus point for my car.

Well Jason aka foxdie maybe also interested in this project

I already contact Vlad via email ask if he willing to do the same job with Galant MMCS, no respond yet. but if he will, i suppose he need a car with MMCS system to work on, asses the whole MMCS system and see what he can do. is there Anyone in Melbourne with MMCS in his car willing to contact this guy? pleaaseeee???

71GGS
10-02-2016, 06:08 AM
Hey mate, i live in Australia and would love somebody to convert my Screen into english.

Sadly i dont know who to get in touch with here.

foxdie
10-02-2016, 09:30 AM
Well Jason aka foxdie maybe also interested in this project

Hi Ersan :)

The details from that link aren't clear (probably language barrier and lack of photos), updating the MMCS unit does sound kinda cool, tried this on the bench with the VXR8 head unit too (it has a RGBS input for an optional nav system).

I'm not sure I'd try this with an MMCS (as I don't own a car with one to mess around with), but I can certainly offer help / advice where necessary :)

ersanalamin
11-02-2016, 05:13 AM
Hi Ersan :)

The details from that link aren't clear (probably language barrier and lack of photos), updating the MMCS unit does sound kinda cool, tried this on the bench with the VXR8 head unit too (it has a RGBS input for an optional nav system).

I'm not sure I'd try this with an MMCS (as I don't own a car with one to mess around with), but I can certainly offer help / advice where necessary :)

Yeah Jason, the guy on the link Vlad apostolov, sorry gave you the wrong link :D :D :D heres the right link

https://sites.google.com/site/udcaus/home/toyota-soarer-tv-radio-and-emv-conversion-kits

refuse to do job with soarer on galant MMCS. Just curious what you think you can do with MMCS system? do you think you can develop any further just on what we got on stock MMCS system parts? I still love to have it Stock FL MMCS in my car. dont bother to replace it any time soon because i still keep a lot heavy metal group cassette collection in my high school era to play in MMCS HU :D, and i rarely watch movie in MMCS display, but i do need the TV and GPS to work. furthermore I imagine stock MMCS would like to work for us like nissan GTR multi function display. see what I mean?

http://www.skylife4ever.com/2011/02/nissan-skyline-r34-mfd-display-swap.html

if you can do it maybe I have to sell my UTCOMP pro 3.0 :D :D

anyway, we can buy evodroid from evoscan to do the job, but it is not original anymore isnt it? Thats the challenge. or we can buy HKS Camp 2.0, but it aint comply with galant OBD wholely and TV + GPS MMCS still dont work. Otherwise I can always replace the MMCS back to non MMCS stuff anytime I want as i still keep the non MMCS console and head unit.

ersanalamin
15-02-2016, 03:37 AM
I think my time with MMCS onboad nearly over. Last night I just realize the MMCS lcd polarizer about to burnt again. I already replace the lcd display 3 timeS before. I know the lcd polarizer can be replaced but i dont bother to do it or replace the lcd for 4 times. maybe its a right time to replace the audio system with android head unit :D :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231837392398?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Confused
16-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Before you buy an Android head unit, make sure you check out the likes of XDA Developers forum, and make sure that there's a good following for the unit you are buying.

This is about the only way to guarantee that you will be able to add features and modify it in the future - most of them are terrible out of the factory, and require the community to make them into a reliable, usable unit.

ersanalamin
19-02-2016, 02:23 AM
Before you buy an Android head unit, make sure you check out the likes of XDA Developers forum, and make sure that there's a good following for the unit you are buying.

This is about the only way to guarantee that you will be able to add features and modify it in the future - most of them are terrible out of the factory, and require the community to make them into a reliable, usable unit.

could u propose best value for money with android head unit?

Confused
19-02-2016, 09:37 AM
I am not in the market to actually buy yet, so I have not done any proper research, and therefore have no suggestions of my own.

A look on XDA Developers will show you which units are popular, and you can make your decision from there after adequate research.