PDA

View Full Version : EOI Group buy for cruise control for 8G VR-4s

foxdie
25-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Hi folks,

Just want a show of hands, who would be interested in a professional cruise control system for their Galant VR-4 / Legnums?

I estimate the prices to be roughly £265 for the unit alone and £385 fitted, but I'm trying to see if I can negotiate group buy rates so I need a tentative show of hands first :)

Kind regards,
Jason

carfanatic
25-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Hi Jason,
Is that £265 or 385 fitted or is it an additional £385 for fitting?

swinks
25-11-2015, 09:16 PM
More details Jason please...
Is it universal unit or Legnum/Galant specific?
Is it manual, auto or univrsal unit?
Is it vacuum/thottle body based or fully electric one?

Depends on details I may be interested in one.

adaxo
25-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Im watching this one on ebay for ages, hoping for a bit drop in price but its stay the same for long time, you may negotiate better deal if you order it from here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260956744712?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)? If you do I may be interested

menno3x8g
25-11-2015, 10:11 PM
I have a spare CC from a V6 and will try to install it in my Legnum next year ...

foxdie
25-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Hi Jason,
Is that £265 or 385 fitted or is it an additional £385 for fitting?

It'd be £385 (est) supplied and fitted.

More details Jason please...
Is it universal unit or Legnum/Galant specific?
Is it manual, auto or univrsal unit?
Is it vacuum/thottle body based or fully electric one?

Depends on details I may be interested in one.

It's a universal unit but will be compatible with our cars, it'll directly operate the throttle body with it's own cable and solenoid. It should work with both manual and autos, it's got a clutch cut-out switch for manuals and uses the vehicle speed sensor output from both gearboxes.

Im watching this one on ebay for ages, hoping for a bit drop in price but its stay the same for long time, you may negotiate better deal if you order it from here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260956744712?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)? If you do I may be interested

That's the basic version, same supplier though. Needs more accessories to work with our cars though I believe.

carfanatic
26-11-2015, 09:28 AM
It is the one thing I have always thought our cars are lacking in. It does save points on the licence if used with care.

jaspa
26-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Yes please.

Stuart

Atik
26-11-2015, 10:15 AM
I'm in... Stagea though, but I believe I have the same sensor outputs etc.

galantnight
26-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Sorry I have one already :)

Davezj
26-11-2015, 04:12 PM
I could never work out the best place to fit the stalk with the controls on.

I have a cruise control kit at home but never fitted. I have had it for about 4 years. I bought it from someone that got it from a group buy on here many years ago.
Looks to be very similar in design to this one.

Atik
26-11-2015, 05:03 PM
I'd prefer to fit it to the right side under the indicator stick. The keys being on that side might get in the way, but I think I could get away with it.
When cruising, I always hold the wheel with my right hand hand so I have access to the indicators, so having the cruise control there would be preferable.

Davezj
26-11-2015, 06:22 PM
that seems to be the logical place to put it, but i think i have problem with that position. the reason for it is, my arse has it's own postcode at the moment and not only that this postcade has legs as well. LOL.
so space under and arround the steering is quite tight when getting in and out of a car.
i might have it just sticking out of the dashboard somewhere, but that would look odd.

Atik
27-11-2015, 12:01 AM
... my arse has it's own postcode at the moment and not only that this postcade has legs as well. LOL.
so space under and arround the steering is quite tight when getting in and out of a car.

You've seen me, I definitely dont have that problem. /lol
I saw a dash mount option on eBay recently, a little ugly but definitely less ugly than having a 6 inch control lever sticking out at a right angle!

justslow
28-11-2015, 07:08 AM
Certainly interested if it looks the part - I went to County Durham and back last Saturday and found myself wishing for cruise control as there was about 80 miles of enforced 50 mph limit on the motorways and having a hair trigger throttle certainly tested my resolve. I can't think of anything else that these beautiful machines want for. I went to pick up a huge television, the box was two metres long and a metre wide, and found myself wondering as to what other car offers that sort of load carrying capacity allied to it's accessible performance and all weather ability (it was snowing like buggery all the way there !) in our price range ?

Now, if only it did 40 to the gallon :laugh:

galantnight
28-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Here is my CC fitted on steering column.

Colin Wiltshire
28-11-2015, 07:33 PM
I'm interested, just unsure if I can afford it at mo. But I'm sure I'l find a way when the time comes.

Also, where would this be fitted? Because a tank of fuel on top would increase the cost a fair bit.

keano
02-12-2015, 08:18 AM
I'd be up for this. Still find it strange that it didn't come as standard, or at least an option. Having said that, with the legnums fuel consumption it can hardly cruise for long enough to justify it.
But yeah I want it and fitting for me please.
Cheers
Danny

Davezj
02-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Here is my CC fitted on steering column.

so directly behind the wiper control arm.
that looks ok is it easy to reach and adjust. or could you suggest a better place or different angle.

galantnight
02-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Davezj for the times that i have used it it's been fine, fitted in the same place as my V6 N/A and that was used a lot more. Can't see anywhere else you would want it.

I will take photo of placement in engine bay tomorrow and post up.

MarkSanne
03-12-2015, 12:02 PM
I have a spare CC from a V6 and will try to install it in my Legnum next year ...

Will be interesting to see your results. My VR2 has factory CC (because it started it's life as a V6 elegance of course) but although it works, it's a bit 'aggressive' when for example there a in- or decline of the road. It will give a little kick to get back to the set speed, which is then slightly too much, so then it holds back, goes at it again, etc, until it levels out. So the experience can be a bit jerky. I assume the settings in the factory CC system are done specifically for the V6 N/A and with that engine it works smooth.

Dimes
09-12-2015, 12:03 AM
I've barely used cruise control in any cars I've owned/used in the past, but my recent use of hi boost mode could get me in a lot of trouble if I'm not careful. I think it's time to start self imposing speed limits.
Now I'm interested.

galantnight
09-12-2015, 07:50 PM
This is where mine is fitted if anyone wanted to know where to put it.:)

foxdie
09-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Just updating here, the guy selling these never got back to me, I'm not sure if I should chase or let this one die?

keano
09-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Well I'm still interested. Will do it at some point anyway. But obviously the cheaper the better. But if he's not getting back to you on an enquiry, what will he be like when the cash starts flowing. Was he going to be doing the fitting?
Cheers
Danny