PDA

View Full Version : 7g suspension

slider
04-03-2005, 11:35 PM
hi guys & gals can anyone enlighten me as to why my 7g is about 10cm higher on the right side than the left?

I am a bit confused as the sus has not been touched

Kieran
04-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Sagged Springs, leaking shocks, knackered bushes or something's been previously dismantled and not put back right? :inquisiti

slider
04-03-2005, 11:57 PM
nah I have checked everything and just cant think of why unless one of the springs are a bit weak but then the one side looks like it is on stilts

Kenneth
05-03-2005, 12:39 AM
has one side been jacked up, then lowered down again?

I have found that if I let the shocks fully extend, then lower the car back on them, they dont settle to the usual ride hight for a bit... usually settles after I drive somewhere.

slider
05-03-2005, 12:48 AM
yeh but that was like 500 miles agotried bouncing it to still does not settle to the same hight both sides were jacked up the same as I done a sevice on it then.

Kieran
05-03-2005, 01:55 AM
Just noticed that you've got a 7G VR-4... It's not one of the ones with electronically adjustable suspension is it? (There'll be a black electronic box on each strut top if there is)

If it does have ECS, then the fault may be here? :inquisiti

dickytim
05-03-2005, 02:43 AM
It may be a FACU (fat ass compensation unit) So if you have a fat ass it is even when you are driving

If you didn't notice I am being a smart ass

caishanvr4
06-03-2005, 01:24 AM
HA HA HA HA HA :joker:

Wodjno
06-03-2005, 07:24 PM
hi guys & gals can anyone enlighten me as to why my 7g is about 10cm higher on the right side than the left?

Quick question .. how long has it been like this and what wheels and tyres are u running ??

slider
07-03-2005, 03:19 PM
I have only noticed it in the last couple of weeks just thought that it could be me looking at it wrong but measured it and no it is higher on the drivers side. Yes it does have the ecs system and that don't work have a flashing tour light on the dash but that is because one of the units are fe**d and more ideas peeps?

Kieran
07-03-2005, 03:30 PM
I have only noticed it in the last couple of weeks just thought that it could be me looking at it wrong but measured it and no it is higher on the drivers side. Yes it does have the ecs system and that don't work have a flashing tour light on the dash but that is because one of the units are fe**d and more ideas peeps?

Well, if the ECS system is going haywire, then there you go, surely? if one of the units is knackered, then I imaging the systems trying to compensate?

slider
07-03-2005, 03:39 PM
well looking at the controllers they don't seem to be doing anything at all just sitting there

like an old dog to tired to get out of bed.

I am going to try and alter the sus manualy for the time being tho.

Wodjno
07-03-2005, 09:56 PM

What wheels and tyres are you running ??

slider
07-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I am running the stock 15" wheels that came on the motor when I got it and havent looked at the tyre sizes properly yet I think they are 205 65 15's not sure tho.