PDA

View Full Version : whats the double beep ?

jackal2513
05-03-2005, 12:31 AM
when i switch my car off it emits a double beep sound sometimes ?

any ideas what this means

i dont have a handbook so cant look it up .... in fact, anyone know the best source for a handbook as well

thanks

Rich

Spirit
05-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Guessing it's an alarm or stereo beep of some sort ?

Kenneth
05-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Installed a stereo in my girlfrends car (well, ex girlfriend now...) once, and that used to beep a couple of times if you turned off the car and still had the removeable face-plate on.

Kieran
05-03-2005, 01:51 AM
It's the same pitch beep that warns you that the headlamps are still on, isn't it? I've heard one or two VR-4s do this. Never heard a UK one do it though.... As for what it is, I think maybe it's when the key is in the ignition, but you've got a door ajar or something (as you kill the ignition it beeps in the split second before you remove the key)?

Pescha
05-03-2005, 03:38 AM
My VR4 beeps if you leave the keys in the ignition or you leave the spotlights and/or headlights on....

Pescha!

bernmc
05-03-2005, 10:28 AM
i dont have a handbook so cant look it up .... in fact, anyone know the best source for a handbook as well
Assuming you want it for a VR4, and not the caterham in your info... I got mine here (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ImportCarHandbooks_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm) for a very reasonable 22 quid inc post.

HJM
05-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Has it got a Sony stereo ? If so that's your answer - they always beep twice on leaving the car to say goodbye to you ! What is it with Jap import cars and everything beeping at you :rolleyes4 /wall

Big Ian
05-03-2005, 11:57 AM
yeah,i'd say the stereo to,i know Kenwood + Sony beep when you turn the ignition off,unless it's wired to a "non ignition live" (constant live for both live connection's)
try switching your stereo off and then turn your ignition off and see if you still get the beep?

also i think the standard Phillips beep's when the face plate is still in place?..so as you remeber to take it off and pop it in it's wee leather case :rolleyes4

Kieran
05-03-2005, 01:07 PM
What is it with Jap import cars and everything beeping at you :rolleyes4 /wall

ehehehe! That's one of the best things - Jap imports make lots of beepy noises and have lots of flashy lights! :thumbsup: /yes

Spirit
05-03-2005, 07:37 PM
ehehehe! That's one of the best things - Jap imports make lots of beepy noises and have lots of flashy lights! :thumbsup: /yes

Yep got to agree, the more flashy lights the better ! :thumbsup: Maybe thats why I used to be a fruit machine addict :rolleyes4