PDA

View Full Version : Standard Brakes?

sambrose
05-03-2005, 09:27 AM
again, in preparation for the MOT, i've checked out the front discs and pads and they are quite low.

are the front and rear brake set up's the same as standard gallant therefore easy to get hold of (and cheapish) or does the fitter need to source vr4 parts?

thanks

bernmc
05-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Ye New Fangled Search Facility (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/search.php?searchid=73754) is quite useful.

If you're buying new discs and pads, it's well worth your while coughing up the piddling membership fee which will give you access to the members area and a brilliant deal on national disks with ferodo pads (the savings will more than pay for the membership fee!) in the Club Discounts (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66) area :)

Apart from being better than the std mitsi items, AFIK the deal is cheaper than standard parts too....?

Nick Mann
05-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Not sure about pads, but the discs will not fit as the V6 has four stud hubs whilst the VR4 has five.

bernmc
05-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Not sure about pads, but the discs will not fit as the V6 has four stud hubs whilst the VR4 has five. :inquisiti Does sambrose have a v6 then? blurb under his username in posts says VR4???:inquisiti

sambrose (member.php?u=1665) <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_62224", true); </script>

<table class="tborder2" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="alt2postbit" width="192">
Car: VR4

</td></tr></tbody> </table> <table class="tborder2" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="alt2postbit" width="192">

</td></tr></tbody> </table> <table class="tborder2" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="alt2postbit" width="192">

</td></tr></tbody> </table>
images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

It's cruel to confuse an old man...:zzz:

Nick Mann
05-03-2005, 04:13 PM
are the front and rear brake set up's the same as standard gallant therefore easy to get hold of (and cheapish) or does the fitter need to source vr4 parts?

Bern, me ol' mucker, I was replying to this! Maybe if I had said 'The fitter needs to source VR4 parts, as they are not the same as the standard galant' it would have been more obvious. :smug:

Spirit
05-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Trust me.....do NOT bother with standard front discs and pads ! They will cost you over £400 and we can get you better disc/pad set up (as mentioned above) for around half that price !!!

Cross my palm with £20 membership and all will be revealed :thumbsup:

/yes we do like people to join us /yes