PDA

View Full Version : how to remove needles from speedo and rev counter

Louis
10-12-2015, 09:07 PM
I am dismantling my hi vis dash, and I am not sure how to remove the speedo and rev counter needles, and gas and temp needles?.
I want to remove the dash facia to make some adjustments!, any info appreciated, cheers :)

swinks
10-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Dead easy Luis.
Just bent tweezers or fork (yes, that one from cutlery) will do a job. Try to wedge and pry, avoid touching facia surface.
Facia itself is attached by double sided sticky patches.

Louis
11-12-2015, 12:31 AM
Hi Tomasz, thanks, managed to get them off and do what I was up to and get them back on all ok!. just need to try it on the car next chance I get :)

Erni902
14-12-2015, 12:12 AM
Hi Tomasz, thanks, managed to get them off and do what I was up to and get them back on all ok!. just need to try it on the car next chance I get :)

Just make sure you don't do what I did and push the needles back on too far so they start sticking. I spent 8 months with no speedo etc and replaced all sorts including the speedo converter IOT rectify the fault haha.

Colin Wiltshire
14-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Just make sure you don't do what I did and push the needles back on too far so they start sticking.

I did this lol. Was all ok until I went over 60mph, then it would stay there until I hit the dash,