PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans

dubstar
05-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Is anyone planning to go to le mans this year. I'm planning to go again and wondered if anyone else was going ?

if you've never been then i suggest you go sometime, its simply awesome. every super car ever made can be found in the car parks ! the atmosphere is great, its good value for money unlike the british GP.

psbarham
05-03-2005, 11:25 PM
we are goning to go again but when the kids are a bit older 18mths&4yrs last ime i went was 1986 just when the jags were coming good , it is probably the best party ever and somewhere they put on a race for if you got bored . if you have never been go and stand at the end of the mulsanne straight looking down the straight , when i went they didn't have those pesky chicanes and the cars were topping out at 240 mph /help and all that separates you and them if they mess up or have a problem is a bit of armco and a few old dunlops . still the best race / atmosphere ever :thumbsup:

Sulli
06-03-2005, 12:05 AM
We are in France whilst it's on :)
Hoping to persuade the missus that a 250-300 mile round trip mid holiday will be worth it /grr

psbarham
06-03-2005, 09:07 AM
We are in France whilst it's on :)
Hoping to persuade the missus that a 250-300 mile round trip mid holiday will be worth it /grr
thats what my dad did last year in order to get to the le man's classic

dubstar
06-03-2005, 10:50 AM
I think the whole cost of going there for the weekend was cheaper than going to the british GP and i only live 15 miles away from that !

The best bit last year was :
I was busy taking pictures through the fence and a little french kid roles up and asks if i want to get some better pics of the cars.
slightly confused i followed. he walks straight up to some huge steel gates that are solid, shoves his hand through the hole and opens them.
suddenly I find myself track side and about 6 feet from the track on the run off area on the last corner before the finish straight and no marshalls to be seen.
I got some great pics ! even if i was rather concerned for my health.

and theres nothing like seeing theses cars brake at arnarge while some german decides to have his barbecue next to the barrier and pour smoke accross the track. i bet the drivers really appreciated the smoke and smell !

I must admit the trip to the arnarge corners is great even if it is a 15 minute bus ride.

Nick VR4
06-03-2005, 09:49 PM
A lot of my mates go every year camping drive down Thursday / Friday leave Monday
Evo 6 at about 370bhp I think , Scooby , M3 to name a few
I think thay camp at arnarge ???

Spend a fortune on petrol , fireworks and beer :thumbsup: