kennyt123
07-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Right people recommended or best manual boost controller for vr4 what's ur view

lancerevo3
07-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Turbosmart boost tee

Davezj
08-01-2016, 09:38 AM
But not the fake turbo smart one or the really cheap ones that are sold on eBay for £12 ish. I would buy either of this type.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/361428613815

This is the turbosmart fake it is exactly the same shape.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252143905296

John TheAntique
08-01-2016, 01:34 PM
I got fed up with my MBC as it needed adjusting when ever the temperature changed the fuel cut point so I got a Blitz Dual Spec instead which could be set to four levels of boost. Nowdays it is better and cheaper to get the ECU flashed to not only raise the boost but also to raise fuel cut.

Confused
08-01-2016, 02:09 PM
As John says - don't bother with a boost controller, instead get yourself along to our next rolling road day, and have it all done properly, and a proper check-over on the rolling road.

Hopefully someone soon *cough* foxdie *cough* will arrange another RR day at Area 52 in Mansfield?

kennyt123
08-01-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm up in newcastle confused n nobody does anything like that up here n the cheapest remaps at the reputable tuners are in the 500 pound plus price range don't know if any members on here are from up my way who would do it cheaper

Confused
08-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Newcastle isn't very far away - and even with fuel costs travelling down, you'll be paying nowhere near that amount by joining us on a RR Day.

Take a look at this thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?74302-2015-Dyno-tuning-meet-1st-Aug-in-Nottinghamshire) from our last RR day, which has a table of costs and further details.

kennyt123
08-01-2016, 09:37 PM
I drove to Manchester to buy my exhaust mate don't fancy anything like that again bloody long day

Confused
11-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Your loss - we've had people come up from as far as Cornwall for the day!

There's always a load of people around with, collectively, probably about a hundred years experience with VR-4s. If you have any questions or niggles, there is always someone on hand at these meets who is more than willing to help out - in fact, it's one of the reasons why so many go.

Last meet I think I helped out on 4 separate cars, helping to install stuff, as well as diagnose and fix.

And, as Davezj has said in one of your other threads, he'll even flash your ECU to increase the boost and raise fuel cut for free! This is something that a tuner would charge at least £100 for, probably more!

Well worth the long day! Tea & coffee is always provided, as well as donuts, cakes and pastries!

giblet
11-01-2016, 09:59 AM
It's well worth travelling for a meet! Saying that I've yet to make it to a proper one but I have been over t'other side of the Pennines many a time to meet fellow CVR4 members and it's always been a good laugh.

Davezj
11-01-2016, 11:12 AM
elnevio found a very good stable MBC that was being produced for not much money.
He ran it on his car and had good boost control.
I can't remember what the name was but I sure MeV will still remember the manufacturer.