PDA

View Full Version : To map or not to map

kennyt123
09-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Thinking about getting ecu mapped but I only want the boost upping a bit and maybe fuel cut raised to tie in with increased boost but also thinking if I wanted car to go back to stock if I sold it etc so I'm thinking if it would be worth while just fitting boost controller and upping til fuel cut kicks in any input or suggestions please thanks

giblet
09-01-2016, 03:17 PM
I've had mine mapped after fitting the supporting mods (fmic, plugs, downpipe and decat) and I wholeheartedly recommend it! I don't plan on putting it back to the stock map when I come to sell the car, makes no sense to me as surely any prospective buyers would want the car to be as quick as it already it and not at the stock boost/timing/fuel given that the supporting mods are already fitted.

Dimes
09-01-2016, 05:44 PM
I had mine mapped at Eurospec recently and fitted a Greddy Profec Oled EBC, It seemed crazy not to with the supporting mods I have.
I highly recommend it, it's by far the best mod I've ever done. And you just turn it off to go back to stock(Only on long and busy Motorway runs does this happen) it's that simple.

Nick Mann
09-01-2016, 07:24 PM
How long do you intend to keep the car and what do you want from it? Then decide how much you want to spend on achieving that goal.
Personally, I would tune but it is always a personal decision.

kennyt123
10-01-2016, 08:08 PM
i think i will finish bolt on mods then get mapped currently have 3" de-cat pipe and 3" exhaust and k&n panel filter in stock air box i have a blitz induction kit but not sure if im gonna put that on yet as it may need piping away from maf sensor mods yet to come are a turbo intercooler and maybe an ebc but might just leave map to sort boost control

Davezj
10-01-2016, 11:02 PM
If you come down to a club meet I can raise the boost and fuel cut limit for you. For free.
Just raising the boost is not really mapping the car. The cost of mapping is time and experience required to do the job of adjusting the parameter, test the result, adjusting, testing, adjusting, testing. To ensure the remap is safe. The skill you pay for with a professional mapping session on a rolling road is the speed at which the power can be dialled in and the safety level that will be built into the map for changing environmental conditions.
To do this mapping on the road fully can take days and days to complete.

You can map you car yourself , it will cost around £350-£400 for the parts required to be able to do the mapping. But you can't buy experience when it comes to mapping cars.

kennyt123
11-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Totally agree dave don't want any tom dick or Harry messing with ya ecu thanks for the offer but may as well get me other bits n bobs sorted first