PDA

View Full Version : WTD UK: VR4 de-cat pipe

Smokinmasta2
06-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Wanted as the title says - anyone know the measurements at least?
Maybe camskill??
Also, are any of the 'universal' silencers and good. Cant seem to find ANY performance tailboxes only found 1 catback system.
Really wanting one before Japfest!!!

Thanks, Smokin................

SGHOM
06-03-2005, 12:24 PM
I think you've missed the boat !!

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5312&highlight=bda /yes :embarasse

Smokinmasta2
06-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Bloody typical................. :embarasse
Perhaps if i asked Dave really nicely..........................

Smokin.................

bernmc
06-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Bloody typical................. :embarasse
Perhaps if i asked Dave really nicely..........................

Smokin.................
Big Dave's really fed up with work atm, so he may be fabricating with a vengence again soon ;)

Smokinmasta2
06-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Hope so !!!
Any ideas on a back box anyone - cant really afford to spend a fortune mind!!!

Smokin...................

psbarham
06-03-2005, 07:56 PM
one of the problem's with those universal back box's is that you have to chop your original back box off and if you still have the mitsubishi part that means chopping a lot of money off and throwing it in the bin and the other problem is they are generally aimed at the corsa saxo nova (insert w@nker sign smilie)etc brigade and so look very nice and shiney but the build quality (ha ha ha ) is not that good with it being built from thin stainless they are also very "tinney" ,not what you want on a 280 hp car . so the best bet is save up and get a proper back box or grovel to dave(waynes world style ) and get a de-cat pipe this makes them sound quite a bit meatier without the problem of every copper in a 10 mile radius hearing you coming

Kieran
06-03-2005, 09:42 PM
The only thing I would add to this is that Big Dave made his own cat-back system and the rear "sliencers" (an oxymoron if there ever was one!) were standard Powerflow jobbies. So not all cheapo back boxes are crappy sounding. But psbarham's right... You will need to chop and stitch to fit them!! :inquisiti

psbarham
06-03-2005, 09:59 PM
The only thing I would add to this is that Big Dave made his own cat-back system and the rear "sliencers" (an oxymoron if there ever was one!) were standard Powerflow jobbies. So not all cheapo back boxes are crappy sounding. But psbarham's right... You will need to chop and stitch to fit them!! :inquisiti
i didn't mean ALL just those ones on she-bay for 40-50 quid

Smokinmasta2
06-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Was thinking about the ones for £100+ not the 'Apexi N1 'style' for £30!!
Not having a 'proper' look underneath................is not just the case of removing the std box and replacing with said universal ones (with new hangers etc)??
Might have to speak to Dave about a system from him..................???!!!!!

Smokin...............

golden1663
08-03-2005, 02:06 AM
hi ya; i got a Vr-4 ralliart back box for sell ? do you interest it,,, is all stainless .
thanks

Smokinmasta2
08-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Now this might sound very childish i know...................
Does it make any more noise than the original??
I really dont like this quiet bit...........need to get that KN filter too :)
If yes then PM me some details/pics price etc m8

Ta, Smokin.............

slider
08-03-2005, 07:50 PM
hi all do these pipes also fit the older 2ltr v6 from the 7g vr4?

if not does anyone know of where I can get one for my 7g?

thanks all

Nick Mann
08-03-2005, 08:02 PM
The 8g VR4 has a completely different pipe to the 8g V6. I think probably because there are drive shafts in the way of the route the FWD cars exhaust takes. I would be gobsmacked if any of them bolt on to the 7g!

Smokinmasta2
09-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Might have a guy able to make me one up - given him my chassis number and hoping for some luck.
Anyone the length and dia of pipe needed, are they std flanges etc??
Dave would be the one to ask i would imagine??

Smokin...............

calum
14-03-2005, 01:17 AM
I've got an unused de-cat pipe lying in my hallway that you can have for £30 plus postage - or let me know what you're willing to pay.

Calum

DaveLee71
14-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Calum......YHPM.......

Smokinmasta2
14-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Calum......YHPM.......

Cheeky git - dont hijack my thread!!!!

Smokin.................

caishanvr4
14-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Im just casting a big hook in the ocean...:huh:

Has anybody out there got an unused BDA cat pipe...

IM twitching for more power, Cash ready.

You know you want to, oh go on then.

Oh and can we sort one out for m8y smokinmasta, i think he's after one too /lol LOL

enigma
14-03-2005, 11:27 AM
I can announce that I will be doing another run around May time if y'all can wait ;)

Smokinmasta2
14-03-2005, 12:50 PM
I can announce that I will be doing another run around May time if y'all can wait ;)

Depends if the cheeky git who stole my thread has the pipe or not - i have also PM'd the fella and await the results (Dont really think he should have it as it was MY WANTED thread!!! /grr )
If not Dave are you going to the Midlands MM on Saturday?
Have the money burning a hole in my pocket, and if i dont give you the money while i have it, i'm bound not to have it when you do them!!
Earlier the better for me, i need plenty of time to get it fitted as only have weekends (and they are not always free) to get fitted as i have my garage nowhere near the house, and toddler to look after on my own - the idea of my lad running around on his own while i'm under the car...................

Anyway, sorry to ramble on, but the guy who jumped in on my thread has got me a bit pi**ed .....
Smokin........

Jimbo
14-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Smokin', I have one of Dave's decat pipes that I've still not fitted as yet (.......I was always too worried about the db limits at the track days I started going to, as I've been touch and go with a lot of them /help ).

I am planning on getting a quieter back box in the summer, and it was then I was going to have my decat fitted. If Dave is going to do another batch later in the year, then you are more than welcome to have my pipe now.

PM me if you're interested.

Jim

Smokinmasta2
14-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Jimbo - YHPM m8........
Ta,

Smokin.....................

Smokinmasta2
14-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks Jimbo - looks like i'm having Jimbo's on Saturday - look to fitting on Sunday!!!

Smokin...............

caishanvr4
14-03-2005, 07:17 PM
well done smoking, shame your not going to have it on for the M M but good on you for getting it all the same :thumbsup:

ANY MORE KNOCKING ABOUT OUT THERE THEN...