18-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Just bought this hope it's not to much hassle putting it in

Davezj
18-01-2016, 09:03 PM
that should do the trick.
supposed to be a very good bit kit.

John TheAntique
18-01-2016, 11:49 PM
I had one of those, loved it especialy in weather like this with wildley fluctuating temperatures as you can dial out fuel cut.

kennyt123
18-01-2016, 11:49 PM
Aye dave I've also heard this got a good idea how to put it in but setting it up is what I need to figure out lol

kennyt123
18-01-2016, 11:51 PM
Might need some pointers on setting it up John if u know or remember how lol

Davezj
19-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Just to let you know I have never set one up.
The one bit of advice I can give is read the manual many times, and digest it properly. I don't think a quick skim over will do you any good.
If it did not come with a manual, many manuals can be found on line a PDF so you can download them. This is because someone has spent the time and effort and scanned it in and posted it up. So other can benefit from his good fortune of having a manual in he first place.

Confused
19-01-2016, 09:33 AM
I've got one of these on mine.

I've never fully understood how to set it up, and I'm usually pretty good at interpreting manuals and applying them!

All I know is that I have a dial on the left which I can turn from 1 to 4, and I've got it set so that 3 gives me no boost cut when it's cold outside, and 4 gives me no boost cut when it's hot outside, and if someone else is driving it's set to 1, which is stock boost pressure, or off (wastegate pressure only, which is about 4-5 psi)

kennyt123
19-01-2016, 08:23 PM
I've heard you can dial out fuel cut not sure if that is true or not

kennyt123
19-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Think I have dropped a clanger bought the wrong one I have got the spec s instead of spec r instructions state type s not recommended for twin or sequential turbo set ups should be spec r doh grrrrrr

Confused
20-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Don't worry - ours only have a single wastegate solenoid to control, and both turbos run in parallel, so as far as the boost controller is concerned, it's only a single turbo.

I have had the exact same model (Dual SBS Spec S) fitted to mine for the last 6 years.

John TheAntique
20-01-2016, 10:52 AM
And me, a spec S .

kennyt123
20-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Thats a relief so I presume it will still work ok

kennyt123
20-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Confused could you or any other guys for that matter post wot settings you have for the 4 channels just as a starting point thanks

Confused
21-01-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm heading out in a few minutes, I'll make a note for you.

As I said earlier, I don't think I've ever fully understood it, but it'll do as a starter! And maybe if John could get his settings too, maybe we can between us figure out what to do with it properly!

John TheAntique
21-01-2016, 02:06 PM
No doubt you have downloaded the online manual from www.Blitz-Performance.com which is extreemly confusing to say the least but if you can make head or tail of it thaty's fine. However I found this http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/Blitz%20DSBC%20Installation_files/Blitz%20DSBC%20Installation.htm much more understandable when I set mine up and used the Blitz one as a sort of double check. Initialy I set it up using exactly the same settings as the mkiv guide ie. Limiter set to 1.00 bar with -5 Ratio reducement. Gain set to 5. Ratios set to 30, 35, 40 and 45. I stopped there and never bothered with the scramble bit. I then stuck it on a rolling road to make sure nothing would blow up. After that I adjusted the settings by trial and error. First I increased the Limiter to 1.2 bar and then on a very cold day with temperature 5C or less I gradualy increased the Setting 4 until I hit fuel cut and backed it off a bit. I don't have the settings any more as I run Vipec but I think it was round about 70 or 80. I left setting 1 at a ratio of 30 ( which gave it stock boost of about .5 bar ) and then adjusted settings 2 and 3 to roughly split the difference. The result was I used setting 4 for temperatures of about 8C or less, setting 3 for temperatures of about 10C - 15C setting 2 for above 15C and setting 1 when she was driving. ( She never found the unit which was hidden in the coin box near your right knee). This is the link again in case I got it wrong http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/Blitz%20DSBC%20Installation_files/Blitz%20DSBC%20Installation.htm Good luck.

Confused
21-01-2016, 03:37 PM
I thought it easiest to make a quick video, apologies for my rambling!

Hope this makes sense!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UACmoSSi3wc

John TheAntique
21-01-2016, 04:39 PM
Oooops, having watched Gary's video I think I have got it wrong. Leave the settings as given and then 1 should be for cold weather and 4 for hot.

kennyt123
21-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys awesome info hopefully put it in at the weekend

kennyt123
21-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Just a quick one looking at the pic of the solenoid I am assuming the in is the red tipped pipe as the pressure source and the out goes to the wasregate line have I got this right cheers

kennyt123
23-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Well guys ebc installed and used settings on you tube video you posted n so far no issues maybe could crank them up a bit till I hit fuel cut n then just back them off a tadge

billybobboot
24-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Now is the best time to play due to the colder weather as if you tune in the heat as soon as the temps drop you find you run higher boost as everything is being cooled more as colder is better but you will find it will be a good 2-3 psi lower in the summer. So set it up till you hitt fuel cut in 4th or 5th from 30mph up 4th will normally do.
So tune in 2nd or 3rd till you hit cut then do a run in 4th/5th 30mph and tweek slightly if you hit cut. I could run 1.1 in summer but only .9 in winter due to the extra cooling.

kennyt123
25-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Been driving it on settings from utube vid posted in this topic still getting a bit of fuel cut have my warn set at 1.1 with -5 it seems to be boosting straight to warning limit may have to recheck pipework for any leaks

Confused
25-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Do you notice any difference between settings 1 and 4?

If not, and it's going right up to the warn and beeping at you very quickly, then you've plumbed something up wrong, and your solenoid valve is doing nothing and your boost is being bled away from the wastegate.

kennyt123
25-01-2016, 07:47 PM
That's what I'm gonna check confused put red tipped pipe to the single in nipple on bottom of solenoid and waste gate pipe to the out nipple on top of solenoid next to bleeder nipple

kennyt123
25-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Also plumbed into pipe coming off plenum to go to the boost controller as vacum source hope it's all ok otherwise may have a leak

Confused
26-01-2016, 09:37 AM
The best place to pick up the vacuum source is the small nipple on the back of the plenum, next to the larger one which goes off to the brake servo.

I can't remember which pipe goes to where on the solenoid as it's been about 6 years since I installed mine! Remind me, are there 2 or 3 ports on it?

You should end up with the standard boost solenoid completely disconnected from all pipework (but leave it plugged in electrically).

If you've not done so yet, cut a small piece of pipe and put it on the two outlets of the standard solenoid (so it loops round onto itself), this will prevent water or dirt getting into it, so you can re-use it again at a later date if you need to, without finding it's become damaged!

kennyt123
26-01-2016, 01:57 PM
Aye confused three ports in out n vent original solenoid I have left one connected the one that goes to big pipe below intake bend and just blanked the one that takes red tipped pipe off I have found problem one of my pipes had blown off forgot to put retaining clip on doh!!!!!!lol

Confused
26-01-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't understand a word of that! Please try to use punctuation and proper sentences!

Your standard solenoid should not be connected to any pipes any more.

Your new solenoid should use all of the existing pipes from your old one, and no pipes should be left disconnected.

kennyt123
26-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Sorry confused there are 3 ports on blitz solenoid one for in which would be red tipped pipe one for out which goes to waste gate and one for vent which is left alone have disconnected and blanked off all connections to factory solenoid but have left wiring connector connected to stop ecu throwing up faults hope this is a bit clearer again my apologies

kennyt123
07-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Been playing around a bit still hitting fuel cut now n then but thinking where to plumb the vent port on solenoid or just let it vent out to atmosphere I was thinking large pipe under maf sensor as that has been blanked off