PDA

View Full Version : 02 sensor

Colin Wiltshire
26-01-2016, 06:17 PM
I want to get a replacement 02 sensor. ( I chopped up the old one to put in the wideband)I'm looking at getting the cheaper one (£70ish) rather than a new oem (£240ish).
So I'm asking, is this as good as oem? Are we ok running the cheaper sensor?

I'm hoping my probs could be down to a faulty wideband sensor, I will then have both in.

Davezj
26-01-2016, 06:40 PM
depending on what wideband (innovate MTX-L) you have you can get a replacement bosch sensor for £54 on ebay.

i bought one when i needed a replacement.

adaxo
26-01-2016, 07:56 PM
R you talking about oe one ore replacement wideband Colin? If oe one look for ntk or ngk ones, they come to furst fit anyway, what you paying for in Mitsubishi dealer is extra bit of wiring and plug, sensors are the same.

Colin Wiltshire
26-01-2016, 08:36 PM
I have 2 holes in the exhaust, 1 has the wideband, (mtx-L from the group buy) the other is blanked off at mo. I'm planning to replace the wideband sensor along with adding the stock o2 back

foxdie
26-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Colin mate, why don't you just use the narrowband output from the MTX-L and connect that instead?

Saves having to buy a replacement narrowband sensor for the ECU :)

Colin Wiltshire
26-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Is this the correct one?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LSU-4-9-WIDE-BAND-LAMBDA-SENSOR-NEW-PLANAR-Zr02-FIVE-WIRE-GENUINE-BOSCH-/141871294234?hash=item210830271a:g:dZYAAOSwnDZT~Eg 6

Colin Wiltshire
26-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Colin mate, why don't you just use the narrowband output from the MTX-L and connect that instead?

Saves having to buy a replacement narrowband sensor for the ECU :)

I am at the moment. (remember at Area 52, I had the wrong wire connected) Are you down this way anytime soon? (best 2nd week of Feb for me, as I have it off)

Davezj
26-01-2016, 10:07 PM
i bought the LSU4.2 bosch o2 sensor
the one you have liked to is an LSU 4.9 sensor. not sure what the difference is though.
i think the later gauges use the LSU 4.9 sensor.

i will go an have a look at the innovate box an see if it have the parts list in it.

I can confirm that the bosch sensor supplied by innovate MTX-L is the LSU 4.2 sensor reference number is 3737

I think this is the one i bought
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INNOVATE-BOSCH-LSU-4-2-057-WIDEBAND-OXYGEN-AFR-SENSOR-17014-3737-/121182354246?hash=item1c3707fb46:g:mVMAAOxy4~BSQWr d

Wodjno
27-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Have you done a free air calibration on the 02 sensor recently? And also have you taken it out and checked if its not all clogged up, give it a clean and a free air calibration and the same time!

ps.. What are your current issues?

Confused
27-01-2016, 09:38 AM
As Glenn says, what are your current issues? Maybe it's purely down to calibration (which is required with the Innovate wideband controller), or it could be something else.

You need to make sure you get the right type - LSU 4.2 or LSU 4.9

I have just fitted a new 4.9 based wideband to my Anglia, as I thought my PLX (which is 4.2 based) was faulty. Turns out I just had some wiring wrong inside the car!

I was getting 12v on the feed to the controller with it disconnected, and 0v on the ground, but as soon as I connected both to the unit, I only got 7v on the 12v input. This was causing the chips etc inside to not function correctly, so were putting out incorrect voltages on the wideband, and simulated narrowband outputs.

Anyway - this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141871294234) is a genuine Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor if you do just need a replacement sensor.

I purchased this LDperformance (https://ldperformance.co.uk/product/wideband-controller/) wideband controller (just the controller) and then found out my PLX used an LSU 4.2, so purchased the above 4.9 sensor.

But, I would recommend the LDPerformance complete kit. It's not got a simulated narrowband output, though, so that might be your only concern if you're relying on the o2 adjustment on the standard ECU based on it. However, I did suggest to the guy who makes these that a simulated narrowband output will be good, and he is considering it for a future version.

Colin Wiltshire
27-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Well, the issue is, that the afr spikes to max lean and the car kangeroos. It is not as bad as it was before. Generally happens on cruise and light throttle. At the moment it plays up just after hard accelerating and lift off (for just a few moments), also (mainly) on warm start after sat for 20 mins or so.
I haven't recalibrated it for a few months. Is soaking it in brake cleaner, a good way of cleaning it?

Davezj
27-01-2016, 06:13 PM
i have a standard O2 sensor that you can borrow to see if it fixes your issues.
but the one thing i stipulate is that you do not cut the connect off as it is a completely standard fit and i want to keep it that way.
I have tested this Particular O2 sensor so i know it works OK.

let me know if you want to borrow it.
i will have to find it first after my tidy up before christmas. i think i know where it is.

by the way i am running a standard O2 sensor for the ECU to use and i have a wideband just doing the monitoring of AFR. this because if for any reason the wideband plays up it does not affect the cars fueling.

Colin Wiltshire
28-01-2016, 07:22 PM
i have a standard O2 sensor that you can borrow to see if it fixes your issues.
but the one thing i stipulate is that you do not cut the connect off as it is a completely standard fit and i want to keep it that way.

let me know if you want to borrow it.

by the way i am running a standard O2 sensor for the ECU to use and i have a wideband just doing the monitoring of AFR. this because if for any reason the wideband plays up it does not affect the cars fueling.

That would be great Dave, I wouldn't need to chop it anyway, (I only did it for the use of the plug for the narrowband emmulation)

Also, that what I'm planning eventually, when I got the new down pipe, I had 2 holes put in.

Davezj
28-01-2016, 07:28 PM
That would be great Dave, I wouldn't need to chop it anyway, (I only did it for the use of the plug for the narrowband emmulation)

Also, that what I'm planning eventually, when I got the new down pipe, I had 2 holes put in.

drop me a PM with your address and i will pop it in the post.
After i find it. lol.

foxdie
01-02-2016, 09:50 AM
I am at the moment. (remember at Area 52, I had the wrong wire connected) Are you down this way anytime soon? (best 2nd week of Feb for me, as I have it off)

Admittedly not, I no longer have a boss down there (or anywhere :S), currently just taking work as it comes :S

If I am I'll let you know :)