PDA

View Full Version : Rear fog lights

Coffeebuzz
10-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Excuse me if this has been covered before but I cant seem to find info through search or on the google machine. And excuse me if its a completely stupid question.

But do JDM Legnums come with rear fog lights as standard? Iv got no switch in the cabin, no dash light for rear fogs and no location in the rear clusters for an extra bulb. I just need confirmation.

I have my car test next week and Im required to have a rear fog light.

Davezj
10-02-2016, 11:38 PM
no they do not come with factory fitted fog light.
there should have been one fitted when the car was imported to get it through the IVA test.
as you dont seem to have one, have you got the fuel filler green restrictor fitted?
you can wire up the inside or outside brake lights as fog light with a relay it is quite simple. if you have any kind of electrical no how.

Coffeebuzz
11-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Hi Davezj. Cheers for the speedy reply. Oh thats good. At least Im sure now. Iv done a quick bit of research into using the existing brake lights and that seems to be the route I'll take. And yes simple enough.

By fuel filler restrictor, do you mean the reducer under the fuel cap so as to not pump in diesel? If so, the answer is, Im not sure. I'll have to check. Its not something I would be looking out for.

Davezj
11-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Yes that the bit I mean.

Being in Ireland you don't need the kph to mph converter fitted that we need in the uk.

Coffeebuzz
13-02-2016, 11:15 PM
No, no restrictor in my fuel cap at all.

CMcCartney
26-02-2016, 12:05 PM
I've seen Legnums in Europe with a Honda rear fog light fitted, they require cutting the rear bumper. No idea how they're wired though. Probably guides available on the Honda forums if you Google it, think they were fitted to EG Civics if I'm correct.

metaripley
21-03-2016, 01:45 PM
I am working on the same thing.

I using the 2 rear inner lights that functions as brake lights as fog light. (the same as the EU galants)
The 2 outer light have a hi/lo function which functions as brake light.
That way you don't have to ad a light anywhere.

Davezj
21-03-2016, 02:27 PM
you only need one fog light, but two are nice, and if you use a standard automotive relay in line with the brake light wire, in the relays normally closed position, then use a fog light switch to energise the relay and connect the remaining relay contact to a permanent 12V then when you flick the fog light switch the brake light will come on as a fog light and when the fog light is not required the brake light will function normally as a brake light.

one relay required per fog light if the brake lights re powered individually or one relay required if the brake lights are powered in pairs inner pair and outer pair. but i don't think they are wired as pairs.

Nick Mann
21-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Only one relay required for both tailgate lamps.
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?21874-Foglight-Stoplamp-dual-use