PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to car scene please be patient! ;)

Mayday
22-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Hi all,
Just bought myself my first half decent car which is a Galant VR4 TT 2.5 V6 2000.
I don't know a lot about performance cars so please be patient with me for asking a lot of stupid questions.
I have had my Galant for just over a week now and I love it, shame it's a auto but beggars can't be choosers!

Thanks
Mayday/hammer/hammer

Confused
22-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum Jamie!

You will find a huge wealth of information here regarding the Galant, and plenty of technical articles you will have access to if you become a full paid up member (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/content.php?117). It'll be the best money you spend on the car, especially as a non car person, as you'll have step-by-step guides to doing a lot of common (and some obscure) tasks, which you would otherwise need to pay other people to do!

One thing to bear in mind, is that, no matter how much you actually paid, this is a high performance car, costing over £30,000 when new, and has running costs to match. Regular and proper servicing is vitally important, as is using the correct things such as spark plugs, oil and fuel. Proper servicing will save you money in the long run. Skimping on servicing will cost you much more than the difference in price between incorrect and correct parts does!

We may be biased, but you've bought one of the most underrated performance cars out there - many of us are still here because there is nothing that suits us better than a VR-4, even if we could afford something newer!!

Don't be afraid to ask - and also don't be offended if we tell you to search or point you in the direction of an article - the club is over 12 years old now, so there is a huge collection of information already here - and it's often better for us to show you something that's had time and effort put into writing it already, than re-writing it ourselves!!

I'm not sure where in the country you are, but we are looking at organising a rolling road day (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?75353-Potential-Meet-Tuning-day-in-March-April-Area-52-Nottingham) shortly - this is an ideal opportunity to meet some enthusiastic owners, ask many questions, and even have any little niggles you've found dealt with - some of us go purely for the opportunity to get our hands dirty and help out people and share our combined knowledge - the club has a fantastic spirit, and these meets bring out the best!

Hope to see you around for a long time!

bungle
23-02-2016, 10:55 AM
Half decent??/pan Enjoy her mate and welcome you should find all the help/info you need on here. Some good advice above to get you started. Happy driving/woot2

galantnight
23-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Welcome to /Welcome2 but we need photo's /Wave

Nick Mann
24-02-2016, 12:23 AM
/Welcome