PDA

View Full Version : EvoScan Logging with Kenneth's 2.0 ROM, and Idle Position Switch

Confused
02-03-2016, 12:06 AM
Hi all,

Looking at figuring out more stuff with the Anglia, and logging via EvoScan.

I have a 7202 running Kenneth's ROM, flashed on by foxdie, if I remember correctly, set to always run in mode 3 due to no o2 sensor, and with the vehicle speed sensor disabled as I'm not using the original one.

I don't appear to be having the injectors switching off when the throttle is released.

I've checked the throttle position sensor, and have adjusted it as necessary, and have confirmed with a multimeter that I am getting the correct stuff occur at the pin on the ECU (connector 4, pin 17, a yellow/red wire).

I have a copy of EvoScan 2.7, as I am using a cheap VAG-COM KKL cable, and I have literally installed EvoScan, and connected to the ECU.

I do not get any value for the Idle Position Switch - it is permanently at 0. I have also hooked up to my Legnum (an untouched 7201) and I get the same - no change to the Idle Position Switch readout within EvoScan. I am seeing stuff like TPS changing (between ~12% and ~97%), coolant temperature etc, so I am happy that, at a basic level, EvoScan is working OK.

Are the default requests correct for the likes of Idle Position Switch? Has anyone ever had any success with reading this value?

Or, is it simply that I am not having the injectors switch off due to the lack of VSS signal?

My VSS outputs about 14000 pulses per mile (as it picks up on each of the 4 bolts holding the propshaft to the diff flange), which I believe is many times more than the original Mitsubishi VSS outputs, so I was hitting speed limiters VERY quickly when it was connected, and hence it's not been connected for a while.

Any help will be appreciated with getting a result on my Idle Position Switch thing!

Nick Mann
02-03-2016, 07:50 AM
I don't think I have ever noticed what the idle position switch does. I thought that throttle at minimum and revs over 1500 to 2000 would result in injectors off.

Davezj
02-03-2016, 10:00 AM
I am sorry but I am with nick on this one I have never noticed the logged output of the switch.
I will have a look at my car tonight to see if it changes value. I would have thought it should change.

I will get back to you.

foxdie
02-03-2016, 11:54 AM
99% sure this is the map I installed on your ECU, these are the ones I built (and you're only using 3 thru 6 of these I believe);

----------
MAP 1 = Valet mode (Valet Switch on, low load target, no boost, 40 MPH limit) - DISABLED
MAP 2 = Race mode torque limit (Map Switch on, Speed > 4 MPH, GEAR > 120, TPS > 15%) - DISABLED

MAP 3 = Race mode running (Map Switch on, Speed > 4 MPH, TPS > 15%, Clutch up)
MAP 4 = Race mode overrun AL (Map Switch on, Speed > 4 MPH, Closed Loop Disabled, Rich overrun with negative timing)
MAP 5 = Race mode AL / LC (Map Switch on, TPS > 80%, Clutch down, Closed Loop Disabled)
MAP 6 = Race mode idling (Map Switch on)

MAP 7 = Eco mode running (Speed > 10 KPH, low load target, little boost, 80 MPH limit)
MAP 8 = Eco mode idling (Failsafe)
----------

I believe your car will be using MAP 4 on overrun, the idea was to create burbly exhaust on overrun ;)

If you have an OpenPort 2.0 and EcuFlash I can send you a tweaked version of your ROM with MAP 4 & 5 disabled for you to flash :thumbsup:

Confused
02-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately I don't have an OpenPort 2.0 :( I might have to use my play money for this month to buy one!

Without a speed input hooked up, which map might it be using? :)

Confused
02-03-2016, 12:30 PM
OK, I've purchased an OpenPort 2.0 cable direct from Tactrix - it's pointless me not having one of my own.

At least I'll be able to do some more tweaking myself, once I know what I'm doing with it all :)

foxdie
02-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Unfortunately I don't have an OpenPort 2.0 :( I might have to use my play money for this month to buy one!

Without a speed input hooked up, which map might it be using? :)

Haha probably MAP 4 ;)

Confused
02-03-2016, 12:33 PM
I'll try temporarily hooking up the VSS signal and see what happens :)

Confused
02-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Twisted the VSS wires together, and it appears to be running slightly differently, so I think maybe it's now selecting a different map.

Is there a way to see with EvoScan (an additional request address, maybe) which map it is currently using?

foxdie
03-03-2016, 12:07 AM
Hi bud,

There is but I don't have it to hand. When I'm next on my laptop I'll look it up. It's in Kens original thread though.

Confused
15-03-2016, 04:08 PM
I've got my OpenPort 2.0 cable now, so I'm able to tweak and flash now :)

foxdie could you please send over my original ROM, as well as the one you've currently flashed, and the one with MAP 4 & 5 disabled, as you mentioned above?

Cheers!

foxdie
15-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Confused

I'll send you the ROMS via PM shortly :thumbsup:

Confused
17-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Thanks for sending the ROM over, foxdie.

Finally got my OpenPort cable working, after reinstalling my little netbook, but it turns out that it wasn't the cable or drivers or software at fault, but it wasn't making a proper connection with one of the wires on the OBD port on the car - unplugging and replugging whilst holding all the wires behind the connector in place seemed to do the trick to provide a suitable connection for all pins! One I'll need to remember!

Got the modified ROM flashed onto the car, and set up EvoScan too, adding the necessary request for showing the current map.

It runs much better now (especially from cold), and seems to be changing between 6 (at low throttle and when stationary) and 3 under most driving conditions.

The injectors still aren't switching off when lifting the throttle right off, so my AFR isn't dropping much below ~15, but I've not yet logged the Legnum to see what that does.

The next thing I need to sort out is the speed input - at 30mph, it was thinking I was doing about 175kph un...

And it reckons I hit a maximum speed of 320kph! /yikes

Here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/aj8ckqrsfy0x7tp/EvoScanDataLog_2016.03.17_21.26.24.csv?dl=0) is a link to a short log file, would you please be able to take a quick look at it for me - I did a couple of high throttle pulls from low speeds, as well as a bit of cruising.

I also need to figure out now how to get the various options and settings for the ROM up in EcuFlash, I can't see the little configuration boxes that I remember seeing on your laptop.

I am getting there :)