PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

I-S
07-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Arse.

I got a puncture on one of my P6000s, and I'm fairly sure it occured in the company car park. It's a 4mm bolt so I'm not too keen on getting the tyre repaired.

Now, do I get two new tyres to keep same tyres on the axle?

Or do I get a whole new set of 4, even though there's good amounts of tread left on all the current tyres?

Or, do I move the good tyres I have onto my spare set of wheels, take the opportunity to get my current wheels (which have fewer dings than the spare set) refurbed and then get some decent new rubber on the refurbed wheels?

Nick Mann
07-03-2005, 02:07 PM
I don't like P6000's. I would get it repaired, put it on the back and then abuse the tyres to the fullest. Bring on a full set of something better!

I-S
07-03-2005, 02:47 PM
I got bait and switched by the tyre place... wheels off the car, tyres off the wheels... "Oh, we haven't actually got the Goodyears you asked for. We've got P6000s". Like I had a choice at that point...

I won't be putting new P6000s on. I want Goodyear Hydragrip, but they're not yet available in the weird 195/65 R14 that the GLS needs, so it might have to be the older Eagle Ventura (which the hydragrip replaces).