PDA

View Full Version : Boot Condensation Issue! Help

Mayday
10-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has had condensation issues in the boot of a VR4 Galant TT?
Seems to get alot of condensation on inside of boot lid, has anyone had this issue or know of a mod to rectify this?

Thanks
Mayday

Grid
10-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Condensation as in always fogged up rear or condensation as in dripping water?

Atik
11-03-2016, 10:32 AM
I had condensation build-up for a while in my old silver Legnum. It turned out to be a leaking heater matrix which was dumping water into the front passenger footwell. Not saying that is your issue, but check for any pooling water or damp carpets everywhere. My tailgate glass would get foggy before the rest of the car, no idea why!
But it could be a simple blockage in one the roof drainage runs.

Grid
11-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Also the rear washer line could have fallen off and is dumping fluid where it shouldn't be. Or if it's just simple fogging during damp weather it's normal - it's a long car, and the vents are only in the passenger area, so the rear is notoriously underventilated if you are just using the driver's door and no other. All of which is why I was asking how severe is the condensation.

Mayday
11-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for the reply!
The boot lid is wet! As in dripping wet with condensation.
So much so that the RH side of the boot carpet is soaking!
Checked the rubber seal and the lights all good!

Thanks again or any help!

Mayday

Atik
11-03-2016, 04:58 PM
I'd suggest peeling back some of the carpets and trims and trying to see if you can see an obvious source of water. All cars have some level of condensation but not to the point its dripping and getting the carpets damp.

Grid
11-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Check in the side compartments in the boot, where the AYC reservoir is and on the opposite side, reach down - is there water?