PDA

View Full Version : Mines ECU

Bender
15-03-2016, 01:02 AM
So I've come across a ecu that been tune by Mines,

So just quick question about it, since I can't find any info or don't know much about them myself,
It come out of a PFL manual, Does anyone know how well it will to work in a FL auto? Are the tunes the same from manual to auto or are they different?

Edit to say
Just find out it a metal case ecu, Does that really matter?

Cheers.

Davezj
15-03-2016, 11:01 AM
I have downloaded a mines rom from one of there modified ecu.
The only difference I could find from stock ecu was a very aggressive boost curve and fuel cut removed.
Ignition timing and fueling were all mitsi factory values.
So not really a tuned rom, anybody can raise the boost and remove fuel cut. With the correct cable.

From my playing with ecu's You can use an ecu from an auto in a manual and a manual in an auto. I don't think it makes any difference. But I am not 100% sure, you will have to do your own digging to convince your self one way or the other.

elnevio
15-03-2016, 08:46 PM
To be fair, Mine's did do it from scratch back in 1996 or so when the VR-4 was brand new! That's also why they are only found (AFAIK) on the metal-cased 7201 ECUs.

foxdie
15-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Agreed, I believe they used to desolder the 7201 and flash it with an EEPROM programmer. That plus they would most likely have had to work out all the locations themselves. No easy feat.

By todays standards however it's just a simple boost tweak. Time changes everything :)

I too have a copy of a Mines ROM saved on Dropbox but haven't pulled it apart (no point, given every car is different).

peter thomson
16-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Mines have done the plastic case ecu's as well

ersanalamin
22-04-2016, 05:04 AM
BTW, Well anybody have copy of KS ROM Ecu? Been looking everywhere, not a single copy found. very happy if you guys able to post here

Davezj
22-04-2016, 07:04 AM
They are available for download from the KS rom threads.
Just remember every time you copy it to another ecu make a donation to the development costs. It is a very expensive Task in time and money developing a flashable ecu.

Sent from my space-aged gizmo

rajvr497
22-04-2016, 10:18 PM
i have the mines rom from the plastic ecu and both fuel and ignition maps were altered timing were advanced by over 4 degrees and the fuel were leaned out a little 10.9 on WOT to be exact.Also speed,rev and boost cut were altered....
Needs high octane to work best tho 100 octane i think

Davezj
22-04-2016, 10:29 PM
That is interesting the mines rom i had came from a metal case ECU, which might explain why only the boost and fuel cut were modified. The knowledge was there in 1996 to do much more than the basic mods. roll on 1998 an the plastic case ecus and the tech has moved on and more of the rom has been disasembled so more can be chaged.

please post up a copy of the plastic case mines rom. it will be interesting to compare it to the metal case mine rom i have.

Toivo
02-08-2016, 09:10 PM
i got plastic mines ecu waiting for installation.

pictures below:

http://s129.photobucket.com/user/gunzu/library/ECU?sort=3&page=1

Also heard more higher octane is better for this because of ignition etc..
its designed to japan fue and there is common to use 100 octane fuel.

Kenneth
02-08-2016, 10:41 PM
To clarify a few things, Mines would get you to tell them your modifications and they would send you back a tune that reflected those.
Because of this, tunes are different depending on what car the ECU came out of. Some will be basic boost increase, others will have more extensive changes.

Either way, now that we can tune ECUs easily, I wouldn't recommend using the Mines ECU without checking out what changes are made before hand and being able to log knock levels and such.