PDA

View Full Version : isn't ATF supposed to be red???

strangebat
07-03-2005, 10:39 PM
below a pic of the ATF I flushed out my gearbox at the weekend :anxious: , it looks like dirty engine oil, never mind ATF. The fluid was slightly overdue a change (about 500 miles) but it still shouldn't be that bad considering it has a full dealer service history until now. Then I checked back through all the reciepts I got from the previous owner- and sure enough parts used at each one only included 2 LITRES of ATF :thumbsdow .
BTW it took nearly fourteen litres to flush through clean, and another note pay heed to Kierans note about tightening up drain with a jubilee clip :oops: that fluid doesn't half make a mess!!

I-S
07-03-2005, 10:49 PM
What ATF did you put in to replace the coffee?

strangebat
07-03-2005, 11:22 PM
I used comma dexron III, figured I'd flushh with that leave for a couple of weeks then flush through with a decent (poss synthetic) fluid.

I-S
07-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Makes sense.... good improvement in shift smoothness?

strangebat
07-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Makes sense.... good improvement in shift smoothness?
A huge difference, I'm just hoping there's not been any damage, the sump plug had very little debris on it but I'm gonna cut the filter open tomorrow and see what's in that.

Kieran
07-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Bleh!! :rolleyes4

Mitsubishi Dealers want their heads looking at!! Did they WANT warranty claims or something?! :rolleyes4 /grr :inquisiti

I-S
08-03-2005, 12:01 AM
I am now going to relentlessly bug Kieran until he helps me changing mine.... :devil: :iloveyou: :sweethear :smitten:

Kieran
08-03-2005, 12:06 AM
I am now going to relentlessly bug Kieran until he helps me changing mine.... :<sp>devil: :iloveyou: :sweethear :smitten:

'Bug' off!! :rolleyes4 :smash: /whip :furious3:

/lol /lol

Yeah, yeah.... I haven't forgotten! :thumbsup:

I-S
08-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Hehe. It's cool, whenever is good for you mate.