PDA

View Full Version : v6 Estate Shock help needed ASAP

VR4-Dipsy
31-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Hi to the club again ... recently my dad brought another galant after the other one got smashed into :bigcry:
but brought another one and the ride is utter Sh*te the previous owner put lowering springs on and the car has low profile 17inch wheels
but the car as it sits is on stock shocks and it rides really bad and ive been looking through the forum and ebay for aftermarket shocks which will be a direct oem fit but maintain a good ride than the stock shock on lowering springs.

if anyone could help me find the shocks for front and rear it would be greatly appreciated thanks!!!

Also the tyre wear is unusual as the outer edge of the tyre is getting eaten away but the center and inners are fine is this an issue with my wheel bearings too ? or is it to do with the crap suspension setup?

cheers

Nick Mann
01-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Outer edge indicates that the wheels are toed in. I'd check the alignment.
V6 owners used to do a suspension upgrade that was something like eibach springs and bilstein shocks. No idea where you would buy them from though.

Nikkei
01-04-2016, 02:59 PM
@nick..the eibach springs and bilstein shocks upgrade is a B12 for fast road/track but its really a B8 stut fitting with eibach springs.
vr4-D..i needed some suspension myself so have call bilstein..i will get back to you when they call me back on Monday..let me know what year your car is then i can ask him if they have some for your ride too :)