PDA

View Full Version : Megasquirt?

dazjb
08-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Has anybody ever fitted one of these to a VR4? I'm seriously considering delving into the Megasquirt darkside for various reasons .. the main one being i really want a standalone ECU but can't afford the prices of one of the common pre-assembled units.

I cant seem to get hold of a VR4 MAF for love nor money (tried here and EBay for several weeks now) so going to have to move to speed density ... the emanage ultimate just doesn't do the job right due the complex karman vortex air sensors on the VR4 engine. I also cant get my cooling fan to turn off, the VR4 ECU doesn't like my cars setup and constantly keeps it on.

I'm happy to do plenty of research into the Megasquirt assembly + i don't need my car on a daily basis so i can take my time with things. I've done a fair bit of research so far and looking at the Megasquirt 3. Just wondered if any of you have gone this route?

hbkuk1
08-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Never used a megasquirt but I do have a mapecu2 for sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adaxo
08-04-2016, 10:05 PM
If I decide to go stand alone, may need to after td04 conversion I will get one of them
http://www.ecumaster.co.uk/products/engine-management-unit
On research side, this has been recommended to me by mate who run it in his car as it's easy to connect and tune so it's should do for me.

dazjb
09-04-2016, 10:30 AM
hbkuk1 - cheers but i definitely don't want another piggyback ecu.

adaxo - just had a look at the Ecumaster EMU and it looks impressive for the price! Going to do a bit more research into it as it may well be just what I'm looking for. Has your mate had one running successfully on a VR4?

adaxo
09-04-2016, 01:57 PM
I have same thought, amazing kit for really good price, not sure if you look already but in Pl Is even cheaper. My mate running his supra on it and use it on is200 converted to run ls430 v8.

dazjb
13-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Just compared the pricing of the ecumaster EMU on http://www.tomson.com.pl. Cant believe the English version is 286 euros (£227) more than the polish version and the only difference is the language in the software menus! :shocked:

adaxo
13-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Hehe, somehow im not surprised, lots of stuff are a lot cheaper, will ask my mate if he can choose or change language on his EMU.

dazjb
13-04-2016, 10:41 PM
I've took the plunge and bought one after doing lots of research. Managed to get the english ecumaster emu with the wiring pack and installation bracket for £605 delivered.

Now to get all my emanage gear took out and sold on to start paying the credit card back off!

adaxo
13-04-2016, 11:39 PM
I've took the plunge and bought one after doing lots of research. Managed to get the english ecumaster emu with the wiring pack and installation bracket for £605 delivered.

Now to get all my emanage gear took out and sold on to start paying the credit card back off!

That's not bad price, r you source it in UK?

Looking forward to see thread with this installed, or even better, during instalation, you may convince me to take it too /Hmmm

dazjb
14-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Yep, bought it in the uk from www.retroturbo.com. They sell the unit for £600 but currently have an offer where they give you £70 store credit if you buy the ecu. I've used this credit to buy the wiring pack and mounting bracket so the total came to £605. Great price i think ... another of ecumaster's dealers rrr-engineering sell the same products for a total of £764.

I'll take pics, document info of the installation and update my project thread ;)