PDA

View Full Version : Hello, long time no post....AYC bleed anyone

jahooli
09-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Hello, i havent posted in a while, good to be back, seems quieter than it used to be, anyway, I need to get the AYC fluids changed, can anyone recommend anywhere in or near to SHeffield?

Many thanks

Paul

Davezj
10-04-2016, 11:25 AM
are you just changing the fluid in the diff?

If so you do not need to do any bleeding, it is a straight forward drain the fluid out and refill. as long as you have the tools to get to the ayc fill plug.

If you want to change the ayc atf in the pump then it is easier with evoscan to switch on the pump and the solenoids to blled out all the old fluid and air if gets trapped in it.

as for rocommending a garage any garage that says they can do mitsi evos can to VR4s as it is pretty much the same system.

jahooli
12-04-2016, 01:35 PM
nice one, thanks for the reply. I have a bit of a droning noise that sounds like its on a wave, ie, humm.......humm......humm, not a constant noise, seems to be coming from the back so i thought id get fluids changed. Would you recommend rear diff, ayc pump, res and clutch pack, or are there any more I should be doing?

many thanks

Paul

jahooli
12-04-2016, 05:06 PM
update, laid in the boot while my wife drove and its much noisier with my ear to the mat. I think its in the centre about where ther back seat is, what would that be?

Coffeebuzz
12-04-2016, 11:53 PM
Getting the same droning im my leggy. Mines waiting on a lift to get the oils changed so I should know soon enough if its the diff oil or not causing the problem.

Failing that, id guess its a wheel bearing starting to exit.

jahooli
13-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Which oils should I get done? Hope yours is ok

Davezj
13-04-2016, 10:11 PM
get the gear oil and atf done in the rear diff.

pull the top off the ayc reservoir in the boot check the colour of the fluid if it is bright cherry red then it does not need changing. it is a separate ATF circuit to the atf in the diff these two atf fluids do not mix they are separate.

if you think it is a bearing issue drive the car say 60 and do a little weave from side to side if the noise gets louder and quieter as you weave then it is a wheel bearing issue.
i am not talking heavy cornering and getting a grinding or clunking noise, just Wah, Wah, Wah, Wah, Wah, Wah.

jahooli
14-04-2016, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=Davezj;813596]get the gear oil and atf done in the rear diff.

great info, does that procedure not require a fancy bleed?

Confused
14-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Nope, you can simply drop the oils and replace them.

jahooli
14-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Nope, you can simply drop the oils and replace them.

superb, so for this particualr noise it doesnt seem like the ayc pump oils need changing?

Confused
14-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Groaning from the rear *usually* means the diff or AYC fluid is beyond its usable life.

It's certainly a quick and simple thing to change. If that doesn't sort it, then do a flush and bleed on the AYC pump oil.

TAR
14-04-2016, 12:14 PM
I once had a droning noise on my car. It always sounded like it was coming from the middle of the car and was very hard to pin down. It turned out to be a rear wheel bearing.
:happy:

Nick Mann
14-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Daves weaving down the road can give you a clue if it is a wheel bearing.
The AYC fluid in the rear diff is the most likely suspect.

jahooli
14-04-2016, 10:15 PM
As usual class advice, thanks chaps appreciate it. Lets hope its something as cheap as the ayc fluid or even a bearing. Ive ordered the fluid and a pump, ill let you know how i get on