Xaxasv6
19-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Hi,
could you tell me your opinion about the knock? I think its false

https://www.dropbox.com/s/njlxpdo9cjm77iy/Unbenannt%201.xls?dl=0

Greets from Germany

Colin Wiltshire
19-04-2016, 04:04 PM
I haven't look at the links, I prob wouldn't understand the tables etc anyway. I had fake knock a while ago. It was the knock sensors wiring, replaced knock sensor, that issue was fixed.

Davezj
20-04-2016, 12:09 AM
What happens when you carry on accelerating, does the knock continue it increase or does it disappear.

you only have a knock count of the 3 then 2 , did you see the CEL flash and stop accelerating.
that is what is shown, the load is about 168 at the knock point and i think 170-180 load is about 1 - 1.1 bar boost. so seeing a bit of knock is not an uncommon thing.
what fuel are you using? 98 octane or 95 octane.

What was the AFR value at the point of knock being detected. if it was running lean the knock is the obvious occurance.

not really enough data to see what is going on.

knok is not a completely bad thing, it is the way the ecu dials back the ignition timing to svae the engine from experiancing bad running conditions. If you never experience knock then the car is not running at or close to the limit of what the engine can give. the ecu has to see at least 3 Knocksum counts to do anything. less than 3 counts and the ecu ignores it. So 3 count is the bear minimum that the ecu will act upon. So a knock count of 3 is not worth worring about if it is real knock or false knock.

if you were experiancing say 10 counts knock on a regular basis at a particular load value and rpm value then that would be knock.
if you experience knock only occasionally and it is not repeatable at a given load value and rpm value then it is probably false knock. basically if the knock is not repatable it will be false knock.