PDA

View Full Version : Chinese knockoff GReddy gauges

Abarthisking
24-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Just finished my Chinese knockoff GReddy gauge install. Not a bad cheap gauge and will do the job I want them to do. Easy install with daisy-chain for power and back light. All in for less than £60. They come with all wiring and sensors......the boost sensor has a very long cable but the water one is a little short so I had to make up the rest.

They have loads of setting and are both set to sweep left/right together when turned off.

Cant see why they had to use GReddy I would have still bought them if they had a different name. I knew they were knockoffs because of the price......I liked the look of them.....and cheapness :)

Nick Mann
24-04-2016, 01:31 PM
If you are happy then it can't be bad! It would be interesting to see if you think they are accurate and reliable in a few months time...

Abarthisking
24-04-2016, 02:23 PM
When I owned my Mazda RX8 I fitted a set of gauges into where the sat-nav would go.

Again just some cheap Chinese one.......after the install I was thinking the same thing.....how accurate and reliable are they really. So I spent 100 quid on a multi readout gauge from Depo Racing. I was worried about oil pressure mainly as the cheap gauge seamed to read it wrong. It turned out the cheap one did not read the decimal point.

At the end of the day it was a cheap boost gauge I was after. Once I bought it and realized you could just connect others to its power supply I then searched for the rest. With them been copies they are hard to find on eBay so with luck I found the water temp one a few weeks ago.

For the oil temp/pressure I will install my Depo Racing one as the guy that bought my RX8 did not want it.