PDA

View Full Version : help selling

lkedweaver
01-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Hi i'm having problems is selling my legnum vr4 im advertising in lots of web sites for £1500 but only been offered £500 any advice welcome. Thanks for your time. Edwin.

mcosworth
01-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Why not try advertise it here?

Davezj
01-05-2016, 11:09 PM
post up the details in this thread, not as a for sale thread but we can advise you on what your rcar is realistically worth.
so post up pictures condition good boit bad bits and other info you can pass on.

you may even find out that it has been owned by a member on here and the history of the car is already documented.

Humpty's Revenge
01-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Why not try advertise it here?
He can't sell on here until either 3 months as a member or fully paid up member or more than 10 posts WITHOUT SPAMMING. As he has only joined today.
Plus that is all he would want to do then dissapear which is not contributing to the club.

lkedweaver
02-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Hi again one of the owner was a member of this site. I have known about this site for a while and useful information i just don't know i could join for free

Davezj
02-05-2016, 12:03 PM
yes free basic membership, but if want all the good stuff it is only £10 a year now, which is an absolute bargin.

adaxo
02-05-2016, 12:36 PM
TBH I don't get it, why new members cant advertise car for sale? it may be a gem with extremely low mileage serviced and garaged but owner its not interested to join the internet club??
I understand that spamming FS section by new members with fake raybrams or extra diet should be prohibited and this kind of user should be banned for life, but If some bloke want to part with his VR4 and google bring him here I not see the reason why he is not allowed, he may not contribute to the forum as such but may proper forum enthusiast actually buy this car and write great love story here?

lkedweaver
02-05-2016, 12:42 PM
That's sounds alright. Well I am planning to buy a vr4 again next year but a manual one which is hard find

Rusbus
02-05-2016, 05:22 PM
its hard enough to find an auto one!

carfanatic
04-05-2016, 07:40 PM
I guess it's to prevent it becoming a Cars for sale site. I would think there are only so many cars that can be 'soaked up' by members.

elnevio
05-05-2016, 06:09 PM
The idea was just to ensure that people didn't come on and start selling stuff. In the T&Cs, it does say that contact us first, and we may be sympathetic to the cause! Personally, I do not have an issue with it - although I'm not convinced Steve approves! :¦

Humpty's Revenge
06-05-2016, 04:50 PM
The idea was just to ensure that people didn't come on and start selling stuff. In the T&Cs, it does say that contact us first, and we may be sympathetic to the cause! Personally, I do not have an issue with it - although I'm not convinced Steve approves! :¦

As you have mentioned:-

I'm sorry if this sounds to harsh but I do not agree with being able to to just pop up on ANY club and be able to sell what you have "TO POSSIBLY BENEFIT OTHERS".

Other clubs I am with are far higher than 10 posts Etc.

Now there are very few members on here that I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH but that is my choice & I think 10 posts is way way to low, others will disagree but personally I don't give a flying one WE all have an opinion whether it is liked or not

I could go on for more but what is the point ?

Anyone can fck you over from a single post to thousands my point being is if you let members not known to the club just come on here & sell either their quality parts/cars or their sh!t then buyer beware.

Anyways lets just leave that like that from my end

lkedweaver
08-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Hi again i decided to keep legnum and do all work on it now as people take the mickey by offering stupid prices as i couldn't find one under 1500 last year took me 3 mouths for this one.

carfanatic
14-05-2016, 07:49 AM
So now you do need to join.

Davezj
14-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Hi again i decided to keep legnum and do all work on it now as people take the mickey by offering stupid prices as i couldn't find one under 1500 last year took me 3 mouths for this one.

just thought i would let you know i know of at least 3 VR4 that have sold for less than £800 in the last 8 month or so, if i had the space i would have snapped them up fixed them and sold them on. but alas i dont even have enough room for one car off the road, although i do have one car off the road at my farther in laws place and that is one to many.

lkedweaver
19-05-2016, 12:48 AM
Well that why i decided to keep the car and do all the work to it now i think it's worth more than 800 i love driving it very fun. I'm getting a full service done to it and mot it next week. I like it from the point of view when you find one of those people who like to show off the baggage of there car as they are inspecting the shopping you bought for tea and you leave them in dust just for being an idiot it fun to me when opening her up with the power it's got