PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that

Sulli
08-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Those crappy Rover/MG ZT190s etc have a massive P1 style rear spoiler?

They look Kaka (yep i'm watching the footy ;) ) and probably the only purpose they serve is as a tray to put the flask on when the flat cap wearing driver, circa 80 yrs old, stops for a nice drink of tea in the country (or on the hard shoulder/central reservation) - depending how senile he is :rolleyes4

In conclusion - what a crap car /yes

DaveLee71
08-03-2005, 09:53 PM
It's so the old guys don't have to bend down too far when they are pushing it!!

The Impreza has gone!

Starting to save for an Evo6 Tommi Makinen Edition!!

Dave

Nick Mann
08-03-2005, 10:23 PM
A tad unfair? I would rather have the rover than a mondeo or vectra. But the spoiler is a bit excessive!

Wodjno
08-03-2005, 10:55 PM
I saw a MG ZT with uck foff big spoiler the other day and headed for him hoping that i could entice him into a bit of fun , :evil2: and embarass him big time .. :smug:
But it was me that was embarassed :embarasse
.. When i got close and saw what was written on his boot , i thought is this what i have come to ?? /help
<
<
<<
<
<
<
<
<
<<
<<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<<

< Looking for Road Duels with Rover Diesels .. :embarasse Yes a ruddy Diesel :thinking:

So i just whimpered of and left him to his fuel efficient plod .. :rolleyes4

psbarham
09-03-2005, 08:02 PM
< Looking for Road Duels with Rover Diesels .. :embarasse Yes a ruddy Diesel :thinking:

So i just whimpered of and left him to his fuel efficient plod .. :rolleyes4

my mums got a normal 45 with a diesel in it a my dad wondered (56yr old boy racer)which was faster the rover or my v6 ,0-60 1/4 mile top end mitzy pi$$ed all over the rover (hey that ryhmes i'm a poet and didn't even know it) but when it came to mid range roll on (without kickdown :sad3: ) i got well and truely peed on. when you look at the spec sheet for the rover 45 range the diesel is the fastest by 11 seconds on the 40-70 in top gear dash and that includes the 2.5 v6 , so be warned if your behind one and both boot it make sure your not in top gear coz you will look silly

Sulli
09-03-2005, 08:11 PM
so be warned if your behind one and both boot it make sure your not in top gear coz you will look silly

Never gonna happen :evil2:

Wodjno
09-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Never gonna happen :evil2:

Agree .. Never gonna Appen :evil2:

Nick Mann
09-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Hmmm..... Isn't that like Clarkson saying the Evo VIII FQ400 is cr@p because it is so slow from 40 in top gear?

Why would you try to accelerate quickly from 40 in top gear? What a crock!

I think the Rover range is not very good at the moment. It is a shame, as the Longbridge plant is less than 10 miles from me and I kind of feel like it is the home team. The MG range in many ways is worse, because MG should mean it is the tuned model - like RS etc, so to put the MG badge on underpowered cars seems morally wrong to me.

Oh well.

When you are behind that 75/ZT, look for twin exhausts sitting by a rear diff. Then you will have found a car worthy of challenging!

SGHOM
09-03-2005, 08:44 PM
never underestimate the low down torque of modern turbo diesel engines !!

put you VR4 in tip, [5th ] at a steady 40 ish, & you will be outdragged by a mundane, for example, in 6th !! :embarasse

Nick Mann
09-03-2005, 09:30 PM
It's not about underestimating, it's about driving! Torque is great for pootling, towing and driving without your mind.

Sulli
09-03-2005, 09:32 PM
never underestimate the low down torque of modern turbo diesel engines !!

put you VR4 in tip, [5th ] at a steady 40 ish, & you will be outdragged by a mundane, for example, in 6th !! :embarasse

yeah but, no but :rolleyes4

put my car in reverse, and I will probably loose to a MG off the lights - doesn't mean the MG is any good :rolleyes4

Wodjno
09-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Now this is a diesel to worry about ..

Opel Vectra OPC: Concept Car with High Performance Turbo-Diesel

This year´s Essen Motor-Show (November 28 to December 7, 2003) will host a spectacular world premiere. The Opel Performance Center (OPC) is presenting an ultra-sporty concept car based on the Vectra GTS. Featuring innovative twin-turbochargers, the 1.9-liter diesel produces 156 kW (212 hp) and peak torque of more than 400 Nm from as low as 1400 rpm. With this engine the Vectra OPC needs no more than 6.5 seconds to sprint from zero to 100 km/h. Top speed is limited electronically to 250 km/h, while fuel consumption in the European test cycle is only six liters per 100 kilometers. With this powerful yet economical, high-performance common-rail injection engine, Opel demonstrates again its renewed diesel expertise.

Read last year that it will probably make it to production ..

And if they put it in anything smaller , then god help us all ..

Nick Mann
09-03-2005, 10:26 PM

put my car in reverse, and I will probably loose to a MG off the lights - doesn't mean the MG is any good :rolleyes4

ROFLMAO!

Exactamundo!

D.J
10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Te reason the spoiler on the MG looks like a spoiler from a P1 is down to Peter Stevens.

valmes
10-03-2005, 06:00 PM

:thumbsup: :D