PDA

View Full Version : Flashing ECU 7203FA Processor

ersanalamin
11-05-2016, 02:54 AM
Hi Guys

I got MD340288 with 7203FA processor, a bit rare, I think its taken from latest PFL MT VR4. Anybody can advise me/resume the latest stock Definition files at least I need to flash 7203FA processor ECU. I used to work with 7202 processor, had no problem with definition file. And then I work with 7203FA processor, use all of definition files for 7202 and modify the xml, change the memory model H8539F to H8539fA. It work flawlessly. But then I realize there's too much definition file to work with 7203FA in the folder, and seems to me the ecuflash done two flashing process before ecuflash said the flashing is okay. meanwhile it just need once flashing process for 7202F. it was redundant process and I dont know what definition file actually needed for 7203FA and 7202F. Love to see the definition folder neat,organized and scrap unnecessary definition files.

TIA for response guys

Davezj
11-05-2016, 01:51 PM
The way I organise my rom folders is as follows.

Top level folder car type 'VR4'
Second level processor type
'7201' 'H8' '7202' '7203'
Third level rom type 'original' 'modified'
Forth level is the actual Rom and Def files

So if I want to upload an 7202 original rom
I go to,
VR4/7202/original
Then pic the file I want.

The beauty of it is, is all you need to do is go to options specify the location of the rom folder VR4/7202/original
and the correct def file is always under the same folder location.
It is a fool proof system and I need fool proof to keep track of all the files I have.
It does mean having multiple copies of the same def files in different folders but I use this system for storage/flashing rom file. I do not do any def file changes in this folder structure.
That is done in a separate development area.

If you have not followed this then will do a couple of screen shots of the structure when I get home from work.

Sent from my space-aged gizmo

ersanalamin
12-05-2016, 02:14 AM
The way I organise my rom folders is as follows.

Top level folder car type 'VR4'
Second level processor type
'7201' 'H8' '7202' '7203'
Third level rom type 'original' 'modified'
Forth level is the actual Rom and Def files

So if I want to upload an 7202 original rom
I go to,
VR4/7202/original
Then pic the file I want.

The beauty of it is, is all you need to do is go to options specify the location of the rom folder VR4/7202/original
and the correct def file is always under the same folder location.
It is a fool proof system and I need fool proof to keep track of all the files I have.
It does mean having multiple copies of the same def files in different folders but I use this system for storage/flashing rom file. I do not do any def file changes in this folder structure.
That is done in a separate development area.

If you have not followed this then will do a couple of screen shots of the structure when I get home from work.

Yes dave, i am organizing file the way you do, but the problem is i do not know which ones def files assigned for 7202 and for 7203, can you show me the srceen shot of the folder contain to work with 7202 and 7203? I want to see the definition file you use, whether the same is mine. In fact you may zip all the rom folder , and send to my email ersan.cholidin@yahoo.com. allow me to choose what def files I need. ha ha ha ha

Davezj
12-05-2016, 08:13 AM
Are you using Kenneth's Rom 1.03
If so you just change the process type In the def file and it will work.
If you are doing this and it is not working, then you have done something to the def file to make it not work, and you will have to undo it.
I ensure I have one def file in in one folder I have multiple roms in that folder but only one def file.

When you switch the type of processor you are working on, you have to switch the location ecuflash is looking at for the rom.
In the example above in my previous post if you leave ecuflash pointing at the top level vr4 folder it will see all the def files in all the sub folders and will not necessarily use the correct def file for the correct rom as you will have multiple def files with the same filename.
This is why the level were ou store the actual rom and def file for each processor type has to in the last folder in the folder chain.
There must not be multiple folder levels with rom and def files in. Under the same processor/modified folder.

Davezj
12-05-2016, 05:24 PM
This is how i organise mine.

you can see the path at the top and the multiple folders at the side, and the duplicate folders for each processor type.

ersanalamin
13-05-2016, 07:21 AM
Seems to me you are using minimum def files for 7203 which is vr4base and EMKS11, is that right and is that proper enough? Can i have map comparison tool, new version ks.103 rom and read templates for 7203? Send to my email pleasee?

Davezj
13-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Yes I can do that.
The map comparison tool is just an excel spread sheet I built that allows me to copy and paste 2 maps/tables into and in a third area it will display any differences.
E.g. If the first fuel map has AFR 10 in cell 5500 rpm and 160 load and the second map has AFR 12 in the same cell then the third table will display +2
It is a quick and easy way to check the changes you have made from one map table to another. Stops you making silly errors.

Davezj
13-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Seems to me you are using minimum def files for 7203 which is vr4base and EMKS11, is that right and is that proper enough? Can i have map comparison tool, new version ks.103 rom and read templates for 7203? Send to my email pleasee?

I have this work area setup but I don't use it because I have a 7202 ecu as a general rule.
But yes it is just the standard rom and def files that Kenneth originally posted up in the Kenneth's 1.03 rom thread as all his work was done on a 7203 ecu.
So those files should work straight out of the box.