PDA

View Full Version : Thinking out loud, vr4 engined mr2

Goreden
13-05-2016, 06:16 AM
After the alternator packed up on the leggie i took my v6 mr2 to pick the mrs up from work, whilst waiting for her to come i got to thinking?
How hard could it be to graft a 6a13tt into the back of a mk2 toyoyta mr2, the biggest problem i can think of is the gearbox, 4wd system would have to go and some othe gearbox sourced, maybe fto or something
What do you guys think? possible or not

Nick Mann
13-05-2016, 06:45 AM
Anything is possible, but discussing a turbo mr2 with a friend makes me think that space would be a massive issue. I guarantee that it wouldn't be easy!

jaspa
13-05-2016, 11:00 AM
I like this plan. Make it happen /bananaroc In fact, I'll donate my dead engine for use as a mock up.

Stuart

Davezj
13-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Why not just turbo an mx-5
Just watched car SOS last night and the had a turbo kit for the mx-5 anywhere from 160bhp to 300bhp
From a 1.6L

Sent from my space-aged gizmo

Goreden
13-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Anything is possible, but discussing a turbo mr2 with a friend makes me think that space would be a massive issue. I guarantee that it wouldn't be easy!

Well you say that Nick, my mr2 has a 3litre n/a V6 in it at the moment and tbh it looks more at home in there than the standard 2 litre engine, I'm sure it will be a bit of a squeeze though
Stuart i may well take you up on that bud if this ever goes further than a thought in my head :-)