PDA

View Full Version : I'm back formerly BMMT (Birdie)

baloo247
07-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Hey Team, I'm back in the UK after a 6 year hiatus and looking for a fast estate. People will remember I had a galant and a legnum vr4, how are the VR4s going these days? too old to consider or not? If so what's the alternative?

Confused
07-06-2016, 02:11 PM
They're getting on a bit in age, but there's not too much under £10k that compares, in my opinion.

baloo247
07-06-2016, 03:09 PM
yep I hear ya. the scary thing is I still love the look of these cars !!! but yes nothing compares :( I think the era of fast estates is gone, we are now moving into the eco friendly era. I was looking at a citroen cactus, something about it I like hahahaha, nothing in comparison to a VR4.

Confused
07-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Some of the more recent diesel engined cars are certainly beginning to approach the power levels of the VR-4, and some can feel reasonably quick to accelerate due to the torque and gearing, but they won't go round corners or handle as well as a VR-4 does.

I had a Cactus as a hire car once - what a horrible, terrible, awful little piece of rubbish - I'm sure my 1989 Vauxhall Nova had better quality interior plastics than the Cactus!!

SEAN-NZ
07-06-2016, 05:16 PM
So they named it the cactus, because you don't want to get to close to it? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk