PDA

View Full Version : Galant vr4 saloon 8g rear seat removal help!

Mayday
23-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone know how to remove the rear seat on my galant?
I noticed the bottom of rear seat has 2 ring pulls one either side, but the back will release on both left and right but the centre seems stuck fast by possible clip but can't see any ring pulls on interior or in the boot.
Don't wanna pull too hard incase I break whatever fixing is there but if that's how it comes off then I will be a bit more brutal!
I need to get to the parcel shelf!
If anyone can help It would be great!

Thanks
Jamie

galantnight
23-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone know how to remove the rear seat on my galant?
I noticed the bottom of rear seat has 2 ring pulls one either side, but the back will release on both left and right but the centre seems stuck fast by possible clip but can't see any ring pulls on interior or in the boot.
Don't wanna pull too hard incase I break whatever fixing is there but if that's how it comes off then I will be a bit more brutal!
I need to get to the parcel shelf!
If anyone can help It would be great!

Thanks
Jamie

Hi,
If you pull rings and lift lower seat up it should lift up, the back part is fixed on by four bolts along the bottom 14mm i think undo them and then the back is lifted up to remove.
hope this helps.

Mayday
23-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Thanks John,

I'll give it a go tomorrow!

galantnight
23-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Thanks John,

I'll give it a go tomorrow!

let us know how it goes if you still can't do it i video mine, but i think you will do it :)

Confused
24-06-2016, 08:28 AM
You may need to push down on the front edge of the seat base to be able to release the clip, before you can pull it up.