PDA

View Full Version : Front subframe

nutty1
24-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know if you can remove a legnum vr4 front subframe and suspension with out removing engine and gearbox

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

TAR
24-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Yes you can. The engine and gearbox hang from the mounts by each suspension turret. There is an engine roll steady attached to the subframe at the back which you would need to undo.
:happy:

Grid
14-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Just facing a similar challenge. Need to drop the front subframe in order to do the rear rollstop replacement job. Already did away with the center bolt holding it to the engine, but now need to drop the front subframe in order to complete the replacement job since due to the LHD nature of my car I get restricted access to the top of the rollstop. What bolts do I need to undo to drop the front subframe and preferably to not mess up the geometry of the suspension during reassembly?

jaspa
14-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Removing the subframe wont affect the suspension at all. It's 2 bolts at the front and 2 bolts further under the car. and then the front and rear bolts for the engine.

Stuart

Nick Mann
15-01-2017, 10:22 AM
I think you are taking about a different bit of metal, Stuart. I'm not sure if its correct name but it holds the front roll stop. The subframe is a big bit of cast iron that holds the steering rack and lower suspension arms.

I am not sure there is a way to lower and then raise the subframe and guarantee the suspension is exactly the same. It won't change massively though and I wouldn't feek the need to rush and get geometry checked.

Grid
15-01-2017, 11:03 AM
What Stuart described I would call the front-back crossmember indeed. That one is easy to drop and does not affect much.

jaspa
15-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Dammit, that's why I shouldn't offer advice ;)

Stuart

Grid
15-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Haha no worries Stuart :D