PDA

View Full Version : New Here, Give Me Advice!

SFL James
02-09-2016, 01:22 AM
Okay so I just signed up despite not owning a VR-4 (I currently have a Mitsubishi Galant VR-G) HOWEVER I am planning on buying one. I just need advice and opinions on one last thing before I close the deal on getting one over the other cars I have on mind to upgrade my Toyota Corolla to.

I have experience with my grandfather's Mitsubishi Galant VR-G, my girlfriend's mothers' Mitsubishi Galant (unsure of exact model but late 90's-2000's for sure, as well as a friend's 2004 Mitsubishi Galant Viento. All three of these cars have dreadful window wipers that barely seem to move rain off the windscreen, front and rear. Call me what you want but I want my next car to be perfect, I have numerous cars I can afford and just recently thought about getting a VR-4 instead of these other cars. Besides the wipers in the ones I've been in they are amazing in every single respect, I love them.

So tl;dr: Mitsubishi Galants are great, but are Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 wipers OEM terrible and something I can fix or do I have to live with that defect OR are my three experiences purely based on poor maintenance from the owners themselves?

I'd like people with genuine VR 4 experience to respond please, and thank you for reading! Would love to become a real part of Club Vr4! :)

Pugme
02-09-2016, 07:40 AM
Lol

You need to cut a potato in half bud, and use it to clean your windscreen, this will then starch up your glass and make it so any wiper is capable of removing the water as it won't be able to stick to the starch.

I'm presuming your family members didn't know about the potato rule.

Nick Mann
02-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Heh! Wipers are fine up to about 70/80 mph then they start lifting with the wind speed.

Have a read round. There is a very out of date buyers guide somewhere, but fundamentally if it is a shed it will cost a lot to put right - service costs are probably more than double a normal Galant.

Colin Wiltshire
02-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Lol

You need to cut a potato in half bud, and use it to clean your windscreen, this will then starch up your glass and make it so any wiper is capable of removing the water as it won't be able to stick to the starch.

I'm presuming your family members didn't know about the potato rule.

I didn't know the potato rule, does that actually work?