PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Infotainment System

tiddsey
26-09-2016, 10:52 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, but just bought myself a freshly imported Legnum in white.
Low miles and excellent overall condition.

My question is regarding the entertainment system which also controls the air con.
Its all in Japanese, so I am slowoly working out what switches control what, however the radio FM frequency only seems to run from about 78 to 90. So i'm having difficulty tuning in to anything really. I basically have one station. (http://radiomap.eu/uk/bristol)

Does anyone know how to change this if indeed it can be changed.

I dont suppose anyone might also have a english version of the manual?
It has a TV tuner and Sat nav, but again this is all set to japanese, so it would be goo to investigate.

Thanks

Nick Mann
27-09-2016, 06:50 AM
It is referred to as mmcs. It is one of the systems I don't know but there is a fair bit of information on here if you are willing to spend time searching and reading.

Davezj
27-09-2016, 01:37 PM
TV is now digital broadcast in the UK so i dont think the analogue tuner in the MMCS will work.

Japanese FM transmission did not go above about 90Mhz ish so you can't tune a station above this. although i believe you can get a frequency expander which will allow this to be done.

most people remove MMCS and fit standard Air con controller and UK spec stereo much easier.

there was someone on here that had/ claimed to have an english version of the CD software but he seemed very reluctant to share/sell it if my memory serves me right.

John TheAntique
27-09-2016, 03:18 PM
I used one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TTB-WHM-for-Toyota-Car-Radio-FM-Band-Expander-Frequency-Import-Converter-Japanes-/222171117252?hash=item33ba6e36c4:g:i-8AAOSwhOVXdM50 easy to fit

tiddsey
28-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Nice one, thanks for the responses.

I'm torn as i want to keep the car totally original, but this means i'm stuck to CD's.

JohnTheAntique - Can you give instructions on how to install?

i'm a complete novice.

Davezj
28-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Nice one, thanks for the responses.

I'm torn as i want to keep the car totally original, but this means i'm stuck to CD's.

JohnTheAntique - Can you give instructions on how to install?

i'm a complete novice.

it should come with instructions, but if not then yo need to give it power and gnd, then plug the ariel in and out.

a good power and gnd would probably be the stereo power plug.

i know you say you are new to all this, but if you can't fit one of these yourself then the VR4 is not the car for you. you will not be able to afford the garage fees. you have to be able to do your own servicing otherwise the cost of running a VR4 is going to be exorbitant compared to the value of the car.