PDA

View Full Version : Mapping in south wales

Daddycool78
03-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Hi gents, I've been doing a bit of searching the Internet to find local companies that do mapping and to be honest not coming up with much. A lot of the places seem to cover newer diesel cars. So basically guys and gals do any of you know of anybody that is good and in the know with these cars in the South Wales area. Any help would be gratefully received.

Confused
04-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Hi Christopher,

The number of people who understand these cars is limited, and therefore there's not many companies around.

Your closest company is probably Eurospec in Guildford.

Alternatively, it's talking to someone like foxdie who can talk you through the options, and maybe do some on-road mapping. Or, if you wait until next year, someone will probably organise another rolling road tuning day, either at Eurospec, or at Area 52 in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. A long drive, yes, but we have had people come up from Cornwall for the day - it's WELL worth your time & fuel costs coming over for the day!

What modifications do you have on your car, and what are you looking for from it?

Garry

Daddycool78
04-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Thanks Garry, no real mods as yet apart from a K&N panel filter and previous owner had a Longlife exhaust fitted and a Turbo timer which seems to have stopped working. Am hoping to get a FMIC fitted and possibly a boost controller, but as I'm also a newbie when it comes to this sort of car I am reading through the guides on here. But will defo look into joining a day like that once I've had them fitted.

Confused
05-10-2016, 08:11 AM
There's no need for a turbo timer on these vehicles, as the turbo is also water cooled. Just drive it sensibly for the last mile or so before parking up - that will be plenty!

I would suggest saving your money on an aftermarket boost controller, and instead get a replacement standard boost solenoid if it is not working correctly - then get the ECU re-mapped on one of our dyno days. This will provide a better boost/power curve, as well as keep all of the important safety features built into the ECU, some of which will be lost if the ECU loses control of boost management.

Take a look at the common tuning FAQ and Staged Upgrade Recommendations stickies in the Mapping section - they're really useful, and worth ensuring that you don't waste your money on unnecessary mods!