PDA

View Full Version : WTB front windscreen

zinqzinq
27-10-2016, 03:57 PM
Hi someone damaged my front windscreen this morning :( any one have it for sale
cheers

Davezj
27-10-2016, 05:26 PM
insurance company claim and pay the excess is the cheapest way to do it.

but if you don't have windscreen cover it could get expensive.

you should make your location known otherwise people are not going to both giving info out as i would imagine a windscreen is a pick up only part.

menno3x8g
27-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Get it off a wrecked Galant V6 or 2.0 or 2.4.
Difficult because of plastic strip on the upside.

Davezj
27-10-2016, 10:01 PM
if you are going second hand get a glass fitter to extract the windscreen with a wire real cutter. it is good stuff.

I was charged £25 for the extraction and then £50 for fitting.

however you will need to buy the trim strip at the top of the windscreen which is about £30-£40 (i can't remember exactly) from mitsi dealer.

this is why i say do it of wind screen cover if you can.
but most windscreen cover policy is upto about £300 to replace a windscreen which is OK for a standard windscreen. if you have a cold spec (heater under the windscreen wipers) windscreen they are only available from mitsi japan and cost about £560 as i found out. so check before you say yes to an insureance windscreen as it might cost you a few hundred pound on top of the excess.

paulg23
28-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Had mine changed last year by windscreen company under insurance and it was cold spec. Standard £70 excess.

zinqzinq
28-10-2016, 07:09 PM
Thx from replays unfortunetly i got fire theft no windscreen cover ... im from nottingham

Ralliart1
30-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Thx from replays unfortunetly i got fire theft no windscreen cover ... im from nottingham

I have a windscreen available in Rugby,pm.me if interested.Just collection of course.