PDA

View Full Version : GLS,mod's?

Big Ian
13-03-2005, 02:49 AM
what have you done and what have you planned for your 2ltr GLS's and are you like me,tight budget and all work done by yourself?

ive not done much to mine...........(yet!).../help

I-S
13-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Just the discs and pads. Nothing planned.

Bal
17-03-2005, 11:19 PM
im thinking about front side vents. ive seen some nice ones for skodas and was thinking they might look good.

exhaust and lowering is next on list.

with lowering should i do springs and dampners or just springs.

Big Ian
17-03-2005, 11:31 PM
depends how low you want to go?
you should be fine with spring's only for -30/-35mm spring's any lower and you may be best to change the shock's.
mine are -40mm and ive changed my shock's to "BOGE sport line" they have a shorter travel than standard :happy:
to be honest,your best to change the lot.save's time later when your shock's need changed :rolleyes4

Kenneth
17-03-2005, 11:34 PM
im thinking about front side vents. ive seen some nice ones for skodas and was thinking they might look good.

exhaust and lowering is next on list.

with lowering should i do springs and dampners or just springs.

If you can afford it, do both. Having well matched dampners and springs will transform your ride. If you increase your spring rate, you need to have dampner that will handle it, otherwise your ride will be bouncy.

Also consider how low you are going, if you go much lower than standard, you are compromising your dampner travel on stock dampners... Another good reason to change them as well.

Shaz
14-06-2005, 01:24 AM
erm kinda sad :embarasse
aint rely dun much to ours.....aint had time :embarasse
hopefully summer will b the time :smug:
we got the rear evo 6 spoiler luks nice and neon lights plus a tiny bit of ice
but thas about it open to suggestions? :drummer: