PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

adam_shaw
13-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi All,

My dealer has informed me that my brakes (front and rear) will need replaced at the next service.

I was a little annoyed since the service before they put new pads in for me -I can't believe the disks have gone from being 'good' to 'need to replace' in 4.5K

Maybe it's something to do with autobahn driving (220, 220, 220, 100, 220, 220, 100) must be ruinous on the brakes!

Anyhoo, this brings me to my point.

Is the National / Ferodo combination still good for those that use it. Should I expect the brakes to need to be warm for best stopping power?

I want to do the disks/pads all round over easter so plan to order parts early next week.

Any additional feedback/experience?

Sorry about all the dumb questions...

Cheers,

A

Jimbo
13-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Maybe it's something to do with autobahn driving (220, 220, 220, 100, 220, 220, 100) must be ruinous on the brakes!

Adam, perhaps you should consider Kads, APs and Brembos!! /lol

adam_shaw
13-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Obviously that's in Ks.... all good ideas, just haven't got £1400ish lying around at the mo. Not sure about the second hand Brembo thing, much rather try disks 'n' pads first.

/begin rant

I love the Autobahn, you can be steming down the outside lane at 220Kmh quite legally :thumbsup: passing out Police cars (feels weird as hell the first few times) but if Oma/Opa (granny/grandad) pull out in front of you in their old Kombi god help you if you hit them.

Doesn't matter if they didn't signal, doesn't matter if there was no need other than to pi$$ you off, on the Autobahn the fastest driver is ALWAYS at fault.

/rant over

A

Spirit
13-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Adam, the National disc/Ferodo DS2500 combo is a definate for the fronts, and I think National now do rear discs too, just compliment them with standard Mitsy pads (around £45). The DS2500's work well from cold and are good for two or three heavy track days too - brilliant pads :thumbsup:

If you want the info to order them then PM me

adam_shaw
14-03-2005, 07:44 AM
You have PM!

A

Spirit
14-03-2005, 10:36 PM
You have PM!

A

Have replied mate :thumbsup:

pezza
15-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Adam, the National disc/Ferodo DS2500 combo is a definate for the fronts, and I think National now do rear discs too, just compliment them with standard Mitsy pads (around £45). The DS2500's work well from cold and are good for two or three heavy track days too - brilliant pads :thumbsup:

If you want the info to order them then PM me

Ahh do they? :idea2:

I asked Woodford back end of last year and they stated that did not make any rear discs as yet....

Any ideas on how much the rears are now?

Cheers

caishanvr4
24-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Whats up pez

I spoke to these guys about a week ago and still no rears. spirit i need to ask you, if you had the choice what discs and pads would you go for .. Black diamond and pads or national groved disc and ferodo DS2500 ?

Bazlightyear
24-03-2005, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=Spirit]The National disc/Ferodo DS2500 combo is a definate for the fronts, and I think National now do rear discs too, just compliment them with standard Mitsy pads (around £45). The DS2500's work well from cold and are good for two or three heavy track days too - brilliant pads :thumbsup:

Hi Spirit,

I'm jumping in on this thread as I've just tried to order some front discs from National only to be told they only supply to you if you have an account with them. Are the National the discs that are about £140? Demon Tweeks quoted me £190 for EBC discs and Ferodo pads (DS2500 I think) for £90.

The bottom line is "Who can supply me with a set of front discs and pads for a '97 Legnum VR4."

Cheers,

Barry

Slimshady
24-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Done mine not so long back (save yourself a couple of quid and do it yourself)

I went for BD drilled and grooved – try this link:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6896

hope this helps

Slim

simpsonm
25-03-2005, 10:06 AM
You can get the nationals from Woodford motorsports.

Little quote from Pete

01803 863958 and ask for Simon - make sure you tell him you are from Club VR4 for a discounted price. Registered Blitz dealer, but can get just about anything. Popular front brake set up supplier to many CVR4 members. can get the national racing ones from Woodford motorsports.