PDA

View Full Version : 1997 COTY just imported - Rear Light cluster changed for MOT - No reverse light

irnerd
26-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Just taken delivery Legnum COTY imported in 2016
circa 29K miles. Very tidy overall - so very lucky

The importers kindly got the vehicle through a UK MOT.
It looks as though the only obvious tweak was a new fog light pair installed onto the light cluster in the tailgate door, removing the reversing lights

Anybody aware of any solutions to putting a pair of reversing lights. (Off the hoof, perhaps led strips connected to the reverse circuit stuck across the tailgate door)

Anybody else been felt compelled to get a reverse light pair back in place or do they just using flashing hazards when reversing in the dark?

Thanks

chugg
27-11-2016, 01:51 AM
I just have one reverse light on one side and fog light on the other. Congrats on the new car btw, sounds like a good 'un. Maybe start a thread with some pics?? :thumbsup:

irnerd
27-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Thanks Chug - given my clumsiness in this area - I will get a professional to change the connector - they have managed to preserve the clear plastic lining between tail gate door skin and cluster

Will start thread as suggested.

Davezj
27-11-2016, 04:46 PM
you can use the inner or outer brake lights as fog lights as well.

but the mot rules say you can't use the brake light as brake light and fog lights they should be single function.one filament one function.

Nick Mann
03-12-2016, 08:29 AM
I have both my reverse lights intact.
This is what I did:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?21874-Foglight-Stoplamp-dual-use