PDA

View Full Version : Southern Meet 4 Pics - Longleat Safari Park

Spirit
13-03-2005, 08:59 PM
A very big thank you to all those who attended today's mini-meet at Longleat Safari Park - these were:

Spirit, Misbitchy and Conor (Me and Shaz)
Skipjack and family (Clive, Debbie and kids)
HJM (Heath and Jane)
The Vee (Andy)
Nevgroom and daughter (Nev)

Particular thanks to Andy, who took four and a half hours to get there due to major traffic problems, and Nev who attended despite not having his VR4 back on the road yet following it's theft and recovery. Also to HJM for sorting the pub afterwards :thumbsup:

Here's a few good and bad bits of the day :drummer:

1: Poor old Andy took four and a half hours to get there !
2: I discovered my p/s belt has slipped a groove and is in dire need of immediate replacement
3: Heath and Andy kept rubbing it in about that German place all day /grr
4: The park was awesome and we got some great pics /yes
5: The pub food afterwards was excellent :thumbsup:
6: A dozen Cornish pasties were safely delivered to Andy and Heath
7: Clive and Nev had the balls to drive their cars through the monkey pen .......nutters !
8: Heath and Jane made a reproduction video (sure they will explain)

I am just uploading the pics to my fotopic site - but for now here is one of my definate favourites of the day ! There arn't many things I give way to on the road in the VR4......but this has to be the ultimate !

psbarham
13-03-2005, 09:04 PM
he filled up with esso you can tell coz he's got a tiger in the tank, ok ok i'm going

Spirit
13-03-2005, 09:06 PM
And here are all the pics: LONGLEAT PICS (http://gallery73656.fotopic.net/c461774.html)

KiwiTT
13-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Great pics. Good to meet up regularly isn't it.

The Vee
13-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Great pics. Good to meet up regularly isn't it.

Very much so and good to meet a couple of others too.
Very enjoyable day,apart from the journey there. Only took 3 hours coming back and that's by no means the best I've done.
Cheers for the pasties - look forward to seeing you all again (some sooner than others) oops Got me coat Pete /help :thumbsup: :d

Kenneth
13-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Hehe, thats one cat that would make a mess of the body work!

Not that I know about running over cats mind... :lipsrseal :rolleyes4

Anyone watch the bathurst T1000 last year? That kangaroo that jumped out on the track did big damage to the car that hit it. As far as the kangaroo is concerned, I guess its last jump was a bit higher, further and more violent than it expected :P

HJM
13-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Only just got home (had to stop at the parents on the way, oh and eat pasties - luvverly) :happy:

Glad you all got home ok and good to meet some new faces - Clive, I think you get the bravery award for taking your VR4 through the monkey enclosure /yes

We did get some footage of feline passion and will try to post it up (when we work out how to :embarasse ).

It was a great day (as always) and went sooo quickly (as always) - look forward to the next one :thumbsup:

HJM
13-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Pete - hope you get your car sorted ok ..............

................. I'm with you, you don't mess with a tiger, even in a VR4 :2thumbsup

RED
14-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Looks like you all had a great day :thumbsup: Maybe we should go to Twycross for our midlands mini meet :rolleyes4

NevGroom
14-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Good day out - Great to finally put a few faces to the names. Glad you got home OK Pete.

Nev

Vector
14-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Looks like you all had a great day :thumbsup: Maybe we should go to Twycross for our midlands mini meet :rolleyes4

A444 from A5 is a top road ...i ride my bike down there at mach 2 regularly

btw good pics :)

The Vee
14-03-2005, 07:39 PM

Twycross is a great place to go - would make a good meet especially if taking families. Went there last year(I took my avatar picture there) and thoroughly enjoyed it. But, I would suggest you wait for better/warmer weather as it's mostly open air and is not a "drive-thru". Good eats as well but no bar!!