PDA

View Full Version : GOODWOOD Sports and Supercar day

Brind
25-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Would you look at that! J.A.E. hasn't even begun yet and already someone is posting about another event! :rolleyes: ;)http://www.create-it.co.uk/trackattack/about_the_day.htm
It's on the 23rd of September 2003.

I haven't read about what is going on yet but I see a couple of the members from the MLR are talking about attending.
There will be club stands from what I can tell but I have no idea what space they have or whatever but either way it seems like a good day out!

It's not far from me so I'm going!!

Simon
25-07-2003, 08:13 PM
was given this at CCC action day! as follows:-

Goodwood Sports and Supercar Day
Tuesday 23rd Sept 2003
ENTRY £1 INSERT INTO post VALUES (all proceeds to charity)

Come and enjoy a unique opportunity to go around the world famous Goodwood Motor Circuit as a passenger in one or more of the following acrs

Dodge Vipers, Lambo', Ferrari, Lotus, Porsche, MR2!, Skyline!!, Focus!!!, Ultima GTR etc etc etc

Passenger rides £15 per 15 mins = 7 laps,

Theres also trade stands, rolling road, car weighing scales!!,

More info call Geoff Lowe 01489 795223

Simon
25-07-2003, 08:14 PM
theres also a lunchtime procession...doesn't say if its for our own cars..

Id go if i could drive the VR4 on circuit:D

Brind
25-07-2003, 08:25 PM
I'd love to have a go on track but I'm scared sh*tless of crashing the car.
What happens if you do? apart from the obvious, can you get insurance for repairs needed or are you pretty much screwed.
I'm sure it would be pretty safe if it was just yourself going around the track but if you get idiots on the track who are not folowing the rules it gets a bit worrying.

LOMY
25-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Track insurance, even for a day probably costs a fortune. I dont actually know but i suspect you would have to pick up the tap for a big crash. What about some of the other cars though ! I wouldnt mind having 7 laps in a Lambourghini for £15 !! It would have to be at least a Countach though. Ill tell you what, INSERT INTO post VALUES (speaks in hushed tones). I think the new Gallardo :Eyecrazy: :bow: is THE most desirable car in the world in the moment.

Brind
25-07-2003, 10:42 PM
I like that too!
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/lambogal.htm

5.0-litre 40-valve V10 500bhp and Peak torque of 510Nm hits @ 4500rpm! I guess you won't need to modify that! :cool:

Simon
25-07-2003, 10:48 PM
we went on a track day/afternoon on an air field today......much better than a normal circuit....i might even say better than castle combe!!!!. Track at least 5 cars wide....there were ferraris...porsche...bmw's.....and a maclaren F1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i have the photos ill post them. Insurance varies on these days....normally costs more than the day itself....i haven't ever got insurance...its at the back of your mind....so it makes you drive within your limits....although should have pics of getting the car slightly sideways...:devil2:

Brind
25-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Whereabouts was that?

Simon
25-07-2003, 11:17 PM
Hullavington..2mins north of M4...stones throw from castle combe...so very close to us. I recommend it to anyone....most people had fun "playing2 on the wide runway off of the track....tried from a standing start...on full lock...and full throttle to spin the car ...and it would only understeer with 3 AYC bars on....only way i got the end out at 30mph ish INSERT INTO post VALUES (not fast) go into a corner steer hard and let off the gas....back steps out ...and steer in..then accelerate and straightens up.....feels alot out of shape but wasn't that much viewed from outside the car!!!! had new pads on front but had them "smoking" after one go...they were ok/average but i would love 17'' alloys then i could put Evo disks and brembos on!!!!

Brind
25-07-2003, 11:35 PM
Sounds like alot of fun!!! probably best time in the wet too to do what you were doing.
Is it open all the time or just for events? how much?

Simon
25-07-2003, 11:41 PM
theres a local company who hire several MOD areas/RAF dissused air fields...this is our first go at this. Its about £69-£99 depending on the venue for a whole day with an open "pit Lane"...we got our monies worth. I'll locate the web address of this company and post it. We went out loads! you can go out for 1 lap or 20 mins...brake could only cope with about 10 minutes:rolleyes: