PDA

View Full Version : Server Move 11th January 2017

Confused
11-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Hi all,

The server has just been moved to a new platform from the very old server it was running on. This will give us a platform to continue to make improvements to the site. If you can see this message, then your computer has picked up the change of server!

If you encounter any issues, please post them here, and we will look into them as soon as possible. Please provide as much information as possible, including (if you can) steps on how to reproduce the error - you'll be surprised how much simpler it is to fix something if we know how to break it!

Cheers!

Garry

Colin Wiltshire
11-01-2017, 06:24 PM
All working well for me

Davezj
11-01-2017, 06:50 PM
i am also good.
happy days well done.
i did notice i could not get onto the site via tapatalk this after morning/afternoon but it was not off for long.

great bit of technowizardry, thanks to all involved.

Confused
11-01-2017, 06:55 PM
i did notice i could not get onto the site via tapatalk this after morning/afternoon but it was not off for long.

That would have been whilst the migration was in place - we restricted access to the old server so that no posts were lost during the move :)

Erni902
12-01-2017, 01:45 AM
Wasn't working to start with for me but after I had enough waiting and thought 'surely its migrated by now' I cleared my DNS cache and I was BIAW. Doesn't help that my machine and browser NEVER get closed down!

Humpty's Revenge
12-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Guys I can access the site via mobile (not tapatalk) but cant get it on the computer. I have cleared the cash & signed out & in again & I'm getting the same message as yesterday.

elnevio
12-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Weird!

Mine just carried on working normally.

Having said that, my laptop had rebooted itself... maybe that's the easiest next step seeing as you've cleared your cache?

Confused
12-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Some Internet Service Providers can take up to 72 hours to update their servers which convert 'clubvr4.com' to the underlying IP address that the server runs from.

You can try to force this by following the guide relevant to your Operating System from here (https://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html)

Humpty's Revenge
12-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Weird!

Having said that, my laptop had rebooted itself... maybe that's the easiest next step seeing as you've cleared your cache?

Some Internet Service Providers can take up to 72 hours to update their servers which convert 'clubvr4.com' to the underlying IP address that the server runs from.

You can try to force this by following the guide relevant to your Operating System from here (https://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html)

Thanks guys for your quick response. I'll give it ago later. You could be right Garry about the server? Anyways as long as I can get on with the phone no worries. Again cheers

Humpty's Revenge
12-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Weird!

OK I forgot to mention that I had trouble yesterday & couldn't get on the site until this morning, that was on the phone & the computer.

That's probably because I cleared the cache & rebooted both devices.

But as reported a little after midday I got the same message as yesterday

So I cleared the cache again on the computer & rebooted & now it's OK again.

Erni902
12-01-2017, 02:21 PM
I always manually set my DNS server to 8.8.8.8 as google are normally very quick at updating host records.

MPBVr4
12-01-2017, 03:53 PM
All good here........... you can't get rid of me that easily. :coat :P

Kryton
12-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Had issue on mobile for a couple of hours yesterday but otherwise all good

elnevio
16-01-2017, 12:57 AM
All good here........... you can't get rid of me that easily. :coat :P

Anothe golden opportunity messed up! /pan :D

MPBVr4
16-01-2017, 05:08 PM
Anothe golden opportunity messed up! /pan :D

Ha Ha. Cheers Nev. About time I found something better to do........... I've been lurking around these parts for nearly 12 years

Humpty's Revenge
16-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Ha Ha. Cheers Nev. About time I found something better to do........... I've been lurking around these parts for nearly 12 years

And it's members like you Malc that makes this club what it is today /thankyou

MPBVr4
16-01-2017, 06:02 PM
And it's members like you Malc that makes this club what it is today /thankyou

:thumbsup: Thanks Steve. About time I gave the 3000GT an outing and get along to a meet.