PDA

View Full Version : From Portugal with... '97 Galant 2.0 GLS TD (some might call it Legnum)

Sopas
17-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Hi Guys (and girls! :D )

I'm from Portugal and i've recently bought a '97 Galant 2.0 GLS TD.

The reason why i bought it is mainly the need of a car with a reliable engine, since my '04 Vectra C was sucking all my Money!
There where a few more options recommended to me by my friends with some mechanic and auto knowledge, for around the same value, like Audi A4, Skoda Octávia, Mercedes 190D, but when i saw this Galant for sale (in great condition i might add) there was not a doubt in my mind!

I already knew this model (even though they are uncommon around here), and always loved the front of the car.

So, for now i'm looking for some options on what i can do to improve my ride (without spending rivers of Money), without compromising reliability.

Hope i can help (and be helped by) people here, in any problem or doubt that may surge.

Best regards!:eurospec:

Confused
17-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Hi Hugo, and welcome!

We've very little experience of the 2.0 diesel - it was not an option here in the UK.

The best thing to do is just routine maintenance tasks - make sure oils, filters, tyres, brakes etc are all good and correct, and just enjoy it!