PDA

View Full Version : WTB Mapped vr4 ecu

mitsiboyblue
22-01-2017, 10:51 PM
Hi has anyone got a legnum vr4 mapped ecu for sale?

jaspa
23-01-2017, 04:18 PM
You don't want a mapped ECU. If it's already been tuned for a specific car with specific exhaust, filter, Intercooler, etc. and you add this ECU to your car, even with the same make of exhaust, filter, intercooler etc, there are still going to be differences that may cause long term damage to your vehicle.

You want a mappable ECU and someone to map it for you to your specific vehicle.

Sorry but that's the only safe(r) option.

Stuart

foxdie
23-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Agreed. Even your 7201 is mappable :)

The only reason you'd want to upgrade your ECU is either if you want launch control / check engine light on knock or if you was planning on going big (north of 350 HP) power and even then you'd need bigger turbos and an aftermarket ECU.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mayday
23-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Hi all,
Sorry to hijack this thread but where can I get my vr4 remapped and rough prices?
Is it worth remapping if standard?

Thanks

Confused
24-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Check out the recommended upgrades thread that's stickied in the Tuning section, this will give you some good estimations of what's possible.

But, basically, you can get a bit of an increase with a standard car, mostly through more boost.

The best bet is to come along to a dyno day, which we tend to have once or twice a year, usually organised by foxdie - who is currently our most knowledgeable person! There's Eurospec in Guildford, too.

foxdie
24-01-2017, 07:30 PM
who is currently our most knowledgeable person!

Oh my, we're doomed :D

Seems Unlikely
25-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Oh my, we're doomed :D

As i say at work, in the kingdom of the chimps, homo erectus is king (apologies to any paleontologists ;) )

mitsiboyblue
25-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Hi everyone!
Yes this car has had the biggest intercooler fitted had to modify the bumper backing beam to get it in.
I've kept the standard air filter but replaced internal with HKS, Heads have been gasflowed and matched, Walbro pump, electronic boost controller, and twin hybrid turbos (compressor wheels and housings 4.7mm larger)
but on my year in was told that the ecu wasn't tunable.
So the reason I asked for a remapped ecu was not to just fit and use I know the coincidences, but if i get one already tuned before I know it can be tuned again.
So the thread continues.....
So can anyone help me out here?🖒

mitsiboyblue
25-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Agreed. Even your 7201 is mappable :)

The only reason you'd want to upgrade your ECU is either if you want launch control / check engine light on knock or if you was planning on going big (north of 350 HP) power and even then you'd need bigger turbos and an aftermarket ECU.

Yes I've spent a considerable amount of money on this project to get bigger gains so experienced advice for me now is paramount. But I like the idea that ecu light comes on with knock, what about anti lag and launch control?
Dave

Davezj
25-01-2017, 07:13 PM
7202 and 7203 can have kenneths rom 1.03 or 2.0 flashed to it.

7201 can be reflashed but only to modify what is already there.

all the factory standard rom and definition files are available on the pages of this forum and kenneths roms are available on here as well so you can review the roms with ecuflash to see what is going on with the size of the tables and features included.

just search on the phrases i have used in this post and you will find all the info you need.

mitsiboyblue
25-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Evening Davezj
Much appreciated I will search now