PDA

View Full Version : FL 1999 Legnum VR4 suspension

madluka
12-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Has anyone got a picture of the front suspension for the FL Legnum VR4? I've received a set of coilovers, no time this weekend to get out on the car but unsure if they are right. The supplier assures me that even though the kit is stickered up as 3000GT that its the same B-13 kit for the leggy. Does the legnum use a strut that drops into a collar, or, like the 3000GT the strut has protruding plates that secure to the hub with two bolts, one of which is for camber.

adaxo
12-02-2017, 10:22 PM
This may help

https://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?76404-tein-coilovers-(with-cosmetic-damage)-and-Evo-brembos-fl-carriers&p=819558&viewfull=1#post819558

Davezj
13-02-2017, 12:42 AM
post up some pictures of the suspension you have and we can tell you if it looks right.

madluka
13-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Ah yes, I found the pictures in that thread useful - I'd looked but obviously not hard enough for an example FL front shock picture. The BC Coilovers I received are wrong, they are same fitment as 3000GT using two bolts (one for camber) securing it to the knuckle - so that's being sorted now. Ta!

Confused
13-02-2017, 04:14 PM
For future reference, there is actually very little differences between the pre-facelift and the facelift cars - so generally when looking for information, most is applicable to whatever age vehicle.

The main differences are changes of automatic gearboxes across the years (but that's not related to a facelift), ECUs, and the front hubs for brake caliper mounting points, and the obvious external differences. Other than that... mostly identical!