PDA

View Full Version : AYC fluid advice needed

rocknrolla
04-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Hi all,

Have been to the garage today to change rear diffs seal where mechanic drained AYC fluid instead of rear diffs oil. I had a bottle of Amsoil ATF with me and refilled AYC with it. Can anyone tell me is that suitable oil for AYC?
Here is the oil I used:
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/transmission-fluid/automatic/signature-series-multi-vehicle-synthetic-automatic-transmission-fluid/

Thanks in advance

TAR
05-03-2017, 12:24 AM
Yes, thats the correct fluid for the AYC clutch pack in the rear diff.
:happy:

rocknrolla
05-03-2017, 08:30 AM
Thanks TAR!

Davezj
05-03-2017, 06:40 PM
Hi all,

Have been to the garage today to change rear diffs seal where mechanic drained AYC fluid instead of rear diffs oil. I had a bottle of Amsoil ATF with me and refilled AYC with it. Can anyone tell me is that suitable oil for AYC?
Here is the oil I used:
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/transmission-fluid/automatic/signature-series-multi-vehicle-synthetic-automatic-transmission-fluid/

Thanks in advance

what seal are you replacing due to oil being drained. you should not need to replace a seal to change either diff oils.
the AYC diff oil is accessed through the rear subframe with a socket. the gear oil for the diff is easy to access.

TAR
05-03-2017, 06:53 PM
Davezj I think he means he was changing the seals and drained the AYC fluid by accident. :happy:

rocknrolla
05-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Davezj Had to change front seal (from propshaft side) because it was leaking. At same time I decided to change the oil but the mechanic never came across vr4s and undone AYC drain plug instead of diff drain. They are close to each other and he unscrewed first he noticed.

Davezj
05-03-2017, 07:20 PM
i was talking about the fill hole i hope you accessed the correct one when you put AYC fluid in, and you have not been driving the car without ayc fluid in the diff.

rocknrolla
05-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Davezj I've replaced all fluids two month ago so still remember where all filling holes are. That time I've used liqui moly stuff for AYC so was not sure if Amsoil ATF right stuff to go instead of it. I love my car so I wouldn't drive without any liquid:)

Davezj
05-03-2017, 09:39 PM
just checking.