PDA

View Full Version : Keighley Cars

Ransom
16-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Have any of you fella's bought cars from here.

They have a few up for sale at the mo that I'm interested in but its furkin miles away and will take about 5 hours to get there.... Is it worth it?

zentac
16-03-2005, 11:06 AM
I went up a few years back when I was looking at FTO`s and their stock was shabby. They also had a large hand written sign on the wall saying now trading as some other company which kind of put me off.... but that was about 7 years ago :)

bernmc
16-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Try the search facility (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/search.php?searchid=77368) - lots on here about Keighley

caishanvr4
16-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Went up to view vr4-s which now belongs to a happy member. its fairly easy to get to by train which is how i prefered to travel. You take a GNER train from kings cross to leeds, at leeds take the train that goes to steeton, then a cab to keighley in 10 mins.Journey time less than 3 hours. Vast selection of lancers, imprezas, supras, skylines, just grab a big trolley then go to the checkout when its full /lol

Be warn though, CUSTOMER SERVICE is not their strong points./whip

Ransom
16-03-2005, 12:49 PM
So basically, they are ****e but occasionally get a few fairly good, cheap motors but you need to know exactly what your looking at? :inquisiti

Nick Mann
16-03-2005, 02:13 PM
That's pretty much it.

I think if you search the old posts that is a very good summary.

Legnum Boy
16-03-2005, 02:14 PM
That's pretty much it.

I think if you search the old posts that is a very good summary.

What he said.... :thumbsup:

Axeboy
16-03-2005, 03:06 PM
I find them fine.

They sell cheap... but dont really care about the cars.

They dont give a monkeys really... but i was lucky.

If you view the cars well and have a really deep look into them, you can come away with a bargain. I got my VR4 for £5k... and its in great condition.

Basically, id assume its an auction.

marsh
16-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I find them fine.

They sell cheap... but dont really care about the cars.

They dont give a monkeys really... but i was lucky.

If you view the cars well and have a really deep look into them, you can come away with a bargain. I got my VR4 for £5k... and its in great condition.

Basically, id assume its an auction.

What he said. Had I not have found this place and not taken notice of the advice given to me here, the car I bought from them would be in pieces right now. Tread with caution and make sure you know what you're looking for, haggle with them like mad if you decide to buy and what you save on your budget pour back into it with TLC.

ntrance
22-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Thats where i just picked up my 97 Legnum for £5500 36000 miles, basically i'd agree they dont really care about the cars, loads of modded rx7's millions of guages everywhere, and most front dams smashed to bits, guess they've had a hard life on the track.

I wanted the silver one they are advertising on autotrader, but the family is driving it, and it has been broken into ! tbh it was in a mess !

They own the trade centre a 4x4 centre and beech motor company.
The better quality machines are in beeches.

Luckily last week they had about 4 legnums & 2 galants vr4's

I drove off in a very nice green one :)
Just been serviced in japan before shipping :D

First jap car i've owned, biggest grin for 200 Mile drive home.

One word of warning, either take a pocket full of wedge !! or a passport/ piccy driving liecence to get a bankers draft at one of many local banks, they dont take any plastic at all ! :(

Al.

pezza
22-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Thats where i just picked up my 97 Legnum for £5500 36000 miles, .....

I drove off in a very nice green one :)
Just been serviced in japan before shipping :D

First jap car i've owned, biggest grin for 200 Mile drive home.

Al.

Top Stuff :thumbsup:

Hope to see some pix soon!

ntrance
22-03-2005, 11:23 PM
http://www.ntrancenetworks.co.uk/legnum/

it's on my own personal webserver ! :D

Al.

marsh
23-03-2005, 11:45 PM
http://www.ntrancenetworks.co.uk/legnum/

it's on my own personal webserver ! :D

Al.

Christ on a bike! :smart:
Nice motor, there must be something about car registrations from them. I got mine as P165 AWY!. :rolleyes4

Axeboy
23-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Im 251...

Hehe

ntrance
24-03-2005, 12:30 AM
aye, nearly every car there had a AWY ending !

Thanks on saying it's nice !
Chuffed to bits with it !

Al.

marsh
24-03-2005, 07:27 PM
aye, nearly every car there had a AWY ending !

Thanks on saying it's nice !
Chuffed to bits with it !

Al.

That's a nice shade of green too.

Mine never fails to raise a grin on the short journey home. :happy:

ntrance
24-03-2005, 07:39 PM
it's a realy odd colour, it's almost black ! but blink and it's green !

Al.

Polabear
24-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Nice looking car mate, and cream leather interior too, bargain.. I must say I am surprised at the quality of that one from them.... :thumbsup: