PDA

View Full Version : Switch with three bars next to de-icing switch?

Marxus
30-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Hey guys!

I am looking for 3 hours now to find the use for this switch on the far right:

I already found out the function of the de-icing.. But I seem to be too stupid for googling the "switch with bars" or using the forum search. Sorry if it had been asked before.

Cheers Lukas

adaxo
30-03-2017, 08:37 PM
IIRC its to raise little antennas (look a like) sitting in corners of front bumper, kinda Japaneses parking assist system.

Marxus
30-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Yes thanks a lot, that might be correct since the car's backview is this:

Thanks a lot!

adaxo
30-03-2017, 10:46 PM
I was talking about front one sure Nick Mann have this too to confirm, its like in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWRHBWZriE8

that antennas on top of back windows are for radio/tv reception

Marxus
30-03-2017, 10:59 PM
I didn't mean those on the window but the two on the rear bumper :)

€dit: But from the video I think we can tell that this isn't the same system.. so it might probably not the switch for the antennas.

Nick Mann
31-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Yes, I have that switch for a parking pole. It looks like an electric aerial on the front bumper.

Davezj
31-03-2017, 10:59 AM
There is an alternative switch that is located in the same position if you have a cold spec car it is for de-icing. A cold spec car has heated wing mirrors and heated wiper blades elements to in freeze the wiper blade from the windscreen.

Ah I have just noticed that you have cold spec switch on the left hand side as well.
Just a bit of info for you, you need the to put the heater rear window on before the heated mirrors will work.
Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Humpty's Revenge
31-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Hey guys!

I am looking for 3 hours now to find the use for this switch on the far right:

I already found out the function of the de-icing.. But I seem to be too stupid for googling the "switch with bars" or using the forum search. Sorry if it had been asked before.

Cheers Lukas

/Hmmm I thought it was the fort that you hide under when playing space invaders :drummer:

paulg23
31-03-2017, 07:32 PM
My car is cold spec and the heated mirrors and wiperblade de icers operate with the heated rear screen.