PDA

View Full Version : noob question, wats that thing in the boot

i3ooyah
17-03-2005, 01:11 AM
looking from the back of my legnum i got the gps unit & air con unit on the left and on the rightside what is that silver box? i wanna move it but if its something important then i'll just leave it as is

Legnum Boy
17-03-2005, 02:01 AM
If its in the tray on the right (under the small section of pull up floor) it is something to do with the TV unit. When my TV screen was operating correctly, I could attach my digital camera to it and view video and photos on the TV screen. I have since ripped my TV out, and that box with it. Nothing else has been affected since the removal. :thumbsup:

v8killa
17-03-2005, 02:03 AM
In the back of mine under the left hand side panel is the GPS cd unit, no air con bits, and the right hand side is the tv tuner thingy

v8killa
17-03-2005, 02:12 AM
If its in the tray on the right (under the small section of pull up floor) it is something to do with the TV unit. When my TV screen was operating correctly, I could attach my digital camera to it and view video and photos on the TV screen. I have since ripped my TV out, and that box with it. Nothing else has been affected since the removal. :thumbsup:

So what did you put in its place, and how to you control the air con without the screen - I'm thinking about ripping mine out.

i3ooyah
17-03-2005, 02:45 AM
cool thanks

attach ur digicam to it, thats pretty cool

im thinking about removing my air con all 2gether & not having it...i'll use the window :)

i3ooyah
17-03-2005, 02:47 AM
In the back of mine under the left hand side panel is the GPS cd unit, no air con bits, and the right hand side is the tv tuner thingy

when i disconnected the left side the tv went off, so no aircon which is wat i meant about air con unit but looks like the one on the right controls that

Kenneth
17-03-2005, 04:30 AM
im thinking about removing my air con all 2gether & not having it...i'll use the window :)

I was thinking of that too... but then I did some research and came across a couple of references to the fact that at a reasonable speed (ie highway speed) its more efficient to use the aircon than overcome the drag caused by having your window/s open.

Now I'm not so sure. Might be worth looking into though!

Unless you are doing it for weight reduction or because you need the room in your engine bay...

Legnum Boy
17-03-2005, 04:47 AM
So what did you put in its place, and how to you control the air con without the screen - I'm thinking about ripping mine out.

I just use the black tray as a bit's n' bob's holder now, a few rags, polishing cloths etc.

When you remove the screen at the front, you lose the finer tuning controls of the aircon. I replaced the whole panel with a different one that had the separate aircon controller attached to it. Works great!

See this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55307&postcount=11) thread for more info.