PDA

View Full Version : What do ya'll think of this?

Ransom
17-03-2005, 08:11 AM
Legnum, P reg, Purple/mauve, 48k, fresh import, cream leather, excellent condition £7449

I've got a test drive booked for tomorrow at 12 (which by the way will be my first time in a moving VR4, let alone driving one). The salesman said that it was advertised on the autotrader but I can't see it?

I had a look over it yesterday at a jap import dealers near where I work and it really does look in good condition, I thought that the price was high but was wondering what ya'll thought.

Kieran
17-03-2005, 08:56 AM
That's expensive... I wouldn't pay that much. :inquisiti

ritch_w
17-03-2005, 09:07 AM
too expensive for a P reg, more like '99 money

would have to be mega minty and you'd have to keep it for ever - you'd never get anything close to that on the private market :rolleyes4

Ransom
17-03-2005, 09:29 AM
/grr
I knew that you'd all say that.... but I want one, and I want one now!

Smokinmasta2
17-03-2005, 10:15 AM
How far out is it, 800 - 1000??
Dont forget to take some pics m8............

Smokin..................

Ransom
17-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Oh yeah, I will take some pics actually

Geordie Iain
17-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Thats about the price of a VR4 up here! I know of a VR4 saloon P reg for £7995 and a VR4 estate for £6995 P reg which has around 80K miles and is in poor condition.

ritch_w
17-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Thats about the price of a VR4 up here! I know of a VR4 saloon P reg for £7995 and a VR4 estate for £6995 P reg which has around 80K miles and is in poor condition.

makes mine look like a bobby bargain then!!! - if anyone wants it?

Ransom
17-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Whats the spec/info?

ritch_w
17-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Whats the spec/info?

see here;

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=63888#post63888

Ransom
18-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Right, I had a look and test drive of the VR4 I've been talking about and I have a few questions...

The car looks/sounds/drives amazing but the "TCL off" light on the dash is constantly on and the TCL switch fails to turn it on/off, and, the engine management light on the dash is on too!?

So I didn't buy it, but said I'd give him a call in a few days to let him know if I want it.

The only other thing that puts me off of buying a Legnum is the fact that you rarely get any service history where it is a grey import and that if anything does goes wrong with the car it's gonna cost a GOD DAMN fortune to fix!!!

Your veiws please...

Nick Mann
18-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Do a seach on 'TCL engine light'. A fault which has occured several times, every time so far it has been something daft.

Expensive repairs is one worry, but to be honest expensive running costs is a reality. If repairs is your only worry, get a warranty. If it has less than 100,000 on it, then you should be able to get a Mitsubishi warranty.

Ransom
18-03-2005, 06:29 PM
And how much would a warranty from Mitsubishi cost?

bernmc
18-03-2005, 06:41 PM
The only other thing that puts me off of buying a Legnum is the fact that you rarely get any service history where it is a grey import and that if anything does goes wrong with the car it's gonna cost a GOD DAMN fortune to fix!!!
If the dealer spins you a yarn about there being no history because it's an import, he's talking cr*p. There's no reason why the cars shouldn't come over with their jap service book all stamped up (mine has). If it's not there, someone is hiding something. At the very least, the original auction sheet should be available.

Some japanese owners DON'T service their cars as regularly as they should, simply because the cost of ownership of older cars is so high - they know they won't be keeping the car for long, so they don't bother.

At theat price, everything should be PERFECT.

DaveLee71
18-03-2005, 07:05 PM
My TCL light and engine management lights used to come on, did a search on here and found that the vacuum pipes on the bulkhead sometimes work a little loose, common problem apparently, pushed them back and had no probs since.
The price does sound a little high, when I bought mine 3 months ago it cost £5495, P reg, Trigger Mauve, cloth interior, 52k and in really good condition with stainless backbox.
The place is called Charlesworths, AKA, The Auction Group, they were really helpful, easy place to find right next to Donnington Circuit.
They admitted they had underpriced all there Legnums and said that I would be the last person to get one at that price but they were only putting them up by £500, they had a silver one there for £5995 with only 34k on it, the only thing putting me off that one was it had a few niggly faults and didn't drive as well as mine.

Dave

Ransom
18-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Nice, I'll check The Auction Group out

So the majority says that the Legnum that I have been looking at is a thumbs down (If you fancy a look at is on the autotrader priced £7995)

Actually I've got an even better idea... Why don't one of you lovely young men sell me one of youe Legnum's!? :thumbsup: :rolleyes4

bernmc
18-03-2005, 07:22 PM
they had a silver one there for £5995 with only 34k on it, the only thing putting me off that one was it had a few niggly faults and didn't drive as well as mine.
If this was the one that had a faulty dash (no lights), it sold at the Auction Group's auction for £4250. Can't think that there'd be two silver leggies with 34K and a few niggles... :) Back in the days when I was investigating buying here vs importing. Charlesworths are their 'dealer' arm, so they typically stick a few thousand on what they expect to get at auction. Does give you a bit of added confidence I suppose, but if I were buying from them, I'd do it through the auction. Most of the cars come with full SVA and registration...

koala
21-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Over the years I have purchased various cars from this garage (mainly skylines)

And once again I ve bought my Legnum VR4 with 31k miles full japanese service history and Auction grade 4 interior A 1 owner (Accident free very well maintained car) which is on its way coming here in UK:rolleyes4 . Give them a try His name is David I dont have his numbers right now . try his web site to contact him www.goodmayesmotors.co.uk He only brings the best quality cars and very friendly helpfull

Ooohh mine is costing just under £6k ,

Regards