PDA

View Full Version : TCU flash missing TCL

friss
01-05-2017, 10:25 PM
Hey Guys
hope somebody can help me with a little question about ECU and TCU flash.
i have a Legnum from 1996 auto with TCL with metal case 7201 and i have buyed a ECU 7203 & TCU both plastic case from a 2002 Legnum auto without TCL, and i have installed these new boxes ind my car, car starts fine but TCL light is now flashing all the time and it seems my car it dosent like to shift gear correct or it dosent know what it shall do when it try to shift gear.

i think it is because the new TCU box don't have TCL programmed into it. so my question is it possible to flash my TCU or ECU to work fine together with my auto gearbox ?

i have the fully Evoscan software and cable for it, i have not try to connect it yet and see if its possible to enable TCL, I just think i will hear if somebody maybe have try this before :D

Nick Mann
02-05-2017, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure if that is possible or not. I have not heard of anyone doing it. Why not stick with your original metal box TCU and just use the 7203 ECU?

Davezj
02-05-2017, 01:26 PM
i would go with nicks suggestion use the original TCU and new plastic 7203 engine ECU for starters

have a word with foxdie jason as he has done some work on TCU flashing but i am not sure it has got to the stage of swapping roms from one to the other.

Piers1989
02-05-2017, 01:28 PM
As Nick says, I don't think I've heard of anyone trying to switch out the TCU like this.

They are essentially paired to the gearbox from what I understand so just put your old TCU back and you should be good to go.

Nick Mann
02-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Yep, there are physical differences with the autoboxes - at least three different types from my understanding. With or without a One Way Clutch and with or without an external filter. The TCU seems to struggle if it is mismatched with the type pf gearbox it is controlling.

friss
10-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Hey guys thx for answering :) i have been busy the last week so i forgot to reply, but yes i will just stay with the old tcu ;) I was just curious about if it just was a easy flash and then it will work.